The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Broke couple making over $200,000 a year?!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
[video=youtube;97rLyZVPyUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97rLyZVPyUE&feature=relmfu[/video]

Disgusting.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
CLASSIC Sidewalk. Finance material items. Impress others with your material garbage. etc etc

If you simply cut out material things from your budget(The stupid cadillac, the stupid diamonds and designer clothes), I would be willing to bet that you will be in spectacular shape financially.

Nobody I mean NOBODY should be complaining about finances because let me tell you, you live in a developed country and you experience a standard of living like NO OTHER. People in third world countries will kill to take your spot.

To give you an idea lets say you have a $100 bill. That bill can feed 200 starving kids in a third world! POWERFUL.
BUT nope most people here take that money and buy a pair of seven jeans and then complain that they are broke or that the "system failed them". FAIL

The REAL winners are the Savers because they actually GET SOMEWHERE. Saving money is FUN and ADDICTING. SO far i have roughly 80k saved up from my recycling side business on track for 100k this year. And you know what i have been wearing the same damn outfit for a month almost and haven't bought shit from a mall in forever. It feels great knowing you are actually making progress and GOING SOMEWHERE.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
CLASSIC Sidewalk. Finance material items. Impress others with your material garbage. etc etc

If you simply cut out material things from your budget(The stupid cadillac, the stupid diamonds and designer clothes), I would be willing to bet that you will be in spectacular shape financially.

Nobody I mean NOBODY should be complaining about finances because let me tell you, you live in a developed country and you experience a standard of living like NO OTHER. People in third world countries will kill to take your spot.

To give you an idea lets say you have a $100 bill. That bill can feed 200 starving kids in a third world! POWERFUL.
BUT nope most people here take that money and buy a pair of seven jeans and then complain that they are broke or that the "system failed them". FAIL

The REAL winners are the Savers because they actually GET SOMEWHERE. Saving money is FUN and ADDICTING. SO far i have roughly 80k saved up from my recycling side business on track for 100k this year. And you know what i have been wearing the same damn outfit for a month almost and haven't bought shit from a mall in forever. It feels great knowing you are actually making progress and GOING SOMEWHERE.

IF you make $200,000 a year and you don't live in NYC, you could save that much every single year, or more. Imagine how fast you'd be a millionaire. This couple SHOULD be financially free.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
He's the reason I found Fastlane in the first place. I saw his interview with MJ before I even knew about the book or about the forum.

Cool yeah I think I found about about him from one of your posts the other day so TYVM :)

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
This guy is absolutely great! I have been watching his videos tonight, I'm hooked.

Sue

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
The more people make, the more they will spend.

The average person's lifestyle will simply scale according to his or her income.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Watched this video for the 3rd time now since I saw it a couple of months ago, by the same guy, great if you need a break from work: My Interview with MJ Demarco - YouTube

MJ (if you see this), what are you drinking at 42:40, its bright green and looks like a pre workout or something haha

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
then why does it matter to become rich?

What he means by that is that as you make more money, your expenses will rise as well. Expenses being (possibly) nicer cars, better food/nicer restaurants, maids/house cleaners, etc.

The more people make, the more they will spend.

The average person's lifestyle will simply scale according to his or her income.

I don't agree with this entirely, while you will spend more as you make more, I don't think your expenses should scale equally with your profits, you should enjoy nicer things while still saving some money to invest in other businesses opportunity, or to make an emergency fund of some sort, the mentality of I made 100k last year and spent 80k and I made a million this year so I need to spend 800k is flawed in itself, you should indulge while still being financially smart about your decisions.

BostonH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 30, 2012
Massachusetts
What he means by that is that as you make more money, your expenses will rise as well. Expenses being (possibly) nicer cars, better food/nicer restaurants, maids/house cleaners, etc.

I don't agree with this entirely, while you will spend more as you make more, I don't think your expenses should scale equally with your profits, you should enjoy nicer things while still saving some money to invest in other businesses opportunity, or to make an emergency fund of some sort, the mentality of I made 100k last year and spent 80k and I made a million this year so I need to spend 800k is flawed in itself, you should indulge while still being financially smart about your decisions.

I think he meant the average person lives up to their means as described. Around here I think most agree that a fastlaner will look to live under their means while increasing their means toward the ultimate goal of creating a money system to keep themselves rich (or invest in/create new businesses).

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Great post!

I know people like this. Funny too, they're always quite eager to share their "wisdom" with me. "What you gotta do is buy a bigger house! A nicer car! And don't you need a boat?" I know one dude who just HAD to have an apartment with granite countertops. Seriously, granite countertops. In an apartment? (WTF?) Sure, IF he could afford it, no problem. But the dude was already in hock to everyone, including the IRS for unpaid taxes.

Um, dude, before you get granite countertops in your apartment, maybe you should pay that ol' IRS bill. Just sayin'.

sambreaker20

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Apr 4, 2011
This guy is right, these people are just broke at another level. My cousin always tells me this, "I rather have your income (current working a $10/Hr job) than my debt"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.