The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brandon - Slow laner looking to change lanes

Stash

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 1, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
Hi all,

Glad to be here. Joined this community a couple years ago under the recommendation of @Fox but never fully jumped into the forum. I've dabbled in entrepreneurship for a number of years and couldn't quite hit the nail on the head. Having a young family, 3 boys under 5 at the time, I bit the bullet and went back to a job in the slow lane. It definitely was a great idea at the time but I'm ready to start changing lanes again, maybe with a bit more vision, planning and speed.

Some background on me, I live in Las Vegas, family of 5 with 3 boys. I have a university degree in finance from UNLV and quickly realized I didn't want to get into the "financial world." I've mostly worked for video game or app companies which is where I'm at now. My entrepreneur itch started way back in college when I bought a vending machine route and realized quickly that I didn't want to trade my time driving around buying product to fill machines in order to turn 50 cents into a dollar. I went down the financial advisor route but quickly realized that the advice I give is determined by the products I'm able to sell which to me, is a breach of fiduciary responsibility. I supplemented much of my income with web design in-between jobs but never got too far off the ground. After losing quite a number of large ticket proposals that I had out there, I ended up taking an offer from a job where I had a friend working which is where I'm at now. The security was nice as my family is young and we needed the stability until I can get my strategy straight. I also was running out of savings.

Needless to say, I'm working for a great app company now but I need more leverage. I'm tired of trading my time for the weekends and I want to give my family some freedom to explore life. I'm finally reading through TMF and am trying to set aside time daily to think of my vision for a new online business. Feeling like I'm crossing the T's and dotting the I's life wise. We are debt free, exercise regularly, get great sleep and we saving nearly 30% of our income and instead of putting this into mutual funds I'd rather start putting into a business idea that's scalable.

As of right now, my ideas either involve consulting of some kind, perhaps young family or fatherhood consulting, or off the wall tech ideas like app creation or inventions. As for the the fatherhood route, we are homeschooling our kids and trying to be the best parents we can. My thought here is that finding a pathway to the fast lane here will also help me be a better father and husband. Overall, I'm still researching a niche and trying to figure out the best way to provide value and make it profitable. Really digging into some books that can help me solve this problem and right now it's MJs books that make the most sense.

Hoping to have time to connect with everyone on here and share ideas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Hey @Stash welcome to the forum. Nice to have you aboard. Homeschooling and parenthood is a great niche to concentrate on. Lots of satisfaction in the pursuit of helping others. Plus it’s a big market, and homeschooling itself is only going to get bigger. Especially now

Several of my children were homeschooled and I’m just about to embark on that journey once again.

Look forward to reading your contributions.

Stash

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 1, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
Hey @Stash welcome to the forum. Nice to have you aboard. Homeschooling and parenthood is a great niche to concentrate on. Lots of satisfaction in the pursuit of helping others. Plus it’s a big market, and homeschooling itself is only going to get bigger. Especially now

Several of my children were homeschooled and I’m just about to embark on that journey once again.

Look forward to reading your contributions.

Thanks @RazorCut ! I just read your intro from years ago too. I really hope your journey to make that leap has worked out!

What homeschool resources do you use?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...