The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brainstorming Business Ideas

Idea threads

SuperDuper

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 13, 2016
How do you think of needs/problems actively. Is there another way to gather a list of problems/needs without passively waiting for someone to complain or talk about their problems. I'm having a hard time of thinking of a need. Is there a way to just look for problems?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
Every annoyance you have, is a possible problem to solve.
I got the same problem, and then I stood at an pedestrian crossing and it hit me; I'm shutting my eyes to a whole host of problems because I feel that they do not suit my skills, even without trying.

Your are not finding problems to solve where you like to have them (your area of expertise), they are every where, you have to tune yourself to see them.

Being747

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 9, 2016
Germany
"Sometimes we overestimate the necessity to work on problems" (David Cooperrider, "Appreciative Inquiry")

The theory of "Appreciative inquiry" questions the attempt to use problem analyses as a main means to improve. D. Cooperrider claims that, concentrating on the potential in an organization can be much more effective than searching problems and trying to eliminate them.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
How do you think of needs/problems actively. Is there another way to gather a list of problems/needs without passively waiting for someone to complain or talk about their problems. I'm having a hard time of thinking of a need. Is there a way to just look for problems?

I hear there's a need for people looking for business ideas.

How did I ever come up with that business idea!? ;)

G

Guest3722A

Get out in the world and see what's out there. Keep your ear to the ground for things showing success elsewhere that your area could use. Keep an eye out for things people are going out of their way to get

Last edited by a moderator:

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
"Sometimes we overestimate the necessity to work on problems" (David Cooperrider, "Appreciative Inquiry")

The theory of "Appreciative inquiry" questions the attempt to use problem analyses as a main means to improve. D. Cooperrider claims that, concentrating on the potential in an organization can be much more effective than searching problems and trying to eliminate them.

There is just a little problem (there is it again "problem"), you need to have an organization to find and optimize the potential.
I am fully with you, if you are in a corporation and you would like to become more engaged in it, but as long as you do not have such a thing, there is no potential to find.
"A Nothing improved, is a better nothing, but it is still nothing."

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Every human needs food, water, shelter. There are 9 billion people on the planet.

InformationH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jun 20, 2016
I'm having a hard time of thinking of a need. Is there a way to just look for problems?

How hard have you tried? Have you ever scheduled hours into your day to only think of ideas?? Have you read and researched how to find needs?

You wouldn't expect to learn how to do other things in business instantly. Take some actually time to focus only on idea/need generation and you will think of more than you'll ever need.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.