The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Boulder Co: internet guy gone to physical products...

physicalproducts

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Apr 21, 2016
Boulder Colorado
hi all, I've been running an Internet business for 19 years and got the bug to do a physical product two years ago which I launched on Kickstarter. Everything is going well although slower than I like because I'm still running the old company and have spent a lot of time on patents, selling through my own website (not just FBA), new product development and such.

I've put a lot of time into developing my own website to avoid having all my eggs in one basket with Amazon - I was burned badly by Google's algorithm changes in 2009 and don't want to relive anything like that...
I was in the SEOBook forum for many years and then dropped out around 2009 when just the thought of SEO would make me want to vomit.

I'm here to meet other physical product entrepreneurs and at the moment I'm particularly interested in hearing from anyone that does their own outreach to bloggers and social media - I've just started using buzzstream for blogger outreach, looking to give away my products as a way to build back links and social media buzz.

So far I'm off to a good start with that but I know there are probably subtleties that anyone more experienced would be able to help clue me into...

Warmly,
Eric

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Welcome to the forum @physicalproducts. Glad to have you here. We have a good number of members that sell physical products. Dig into some of the Gold Threads and Progress Threads and I'm sure you'll find some great content.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
hi all, I've been running an Internet business for 19 years and got the bug to do a physical product two years ago which I launched on Kickstarter. Everything is going well although slower than I like because I'm still running the old company and have spent a lot of time on patents, selling through my own website (not just FBA), new product development and such.

I've put a lot of time into developing my own website to avoid having all my eggs in one basket with Amazon - I was burned badly by Google's algorithm changes in 2009 and don't want to relive anything like that...
I was in the SEOBook forum for many years and then dropped out around 2009 when just the thought of SEO would make me want to vomit.

I'm here to meet other physical product entrepreneurs and at the moment I'm particularly interested in hearing from anyone that does their own outreach to bloggers and social media - I've just started using buzzstream for blogger outreach, looking to give away my products as a way to build back links and social media buzz.

So far I'm off to a good start with that but I know there are probably subtleties that anyone more experienced would be able to help clue me into...

Warmly,
Eric
Welcome Eric!

I live in Boulder, CO as well - Right now i'm on Table Mesa and Im moving up near Pearl street next week. I run a magazine publishing business where I do a lot of outreach to bloggers/influencers and I can provide my feedback there.

I'm actually heading out the door to go to a startup longmont group right now - http://www.meetup.com/Startup-Longmont/events/229841119/

Two other entrepreneurs are going to be moving out here in a few weeks - we all should meet up to talk business and stuff.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California

Warmly,
Eric
Welcome! What niche or area are your physical products in Eric?

By the way, I wouldn't shy away from SEO just because you had some challenges years ago. SEO is still a viable option. I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket but it's a damn good basket.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Greetings from another physical products guy. I'm in the startup phase, but focusing on B2B sales so my approach to sales & marketing is a bit different. Looking forward to more info on your approach to the various physical product specialties. This is a great resource and hope you find it to be the same. Godspeed.

physicalproducts

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Apr 21, 2016
Boulder Colorado

By the way, I wouldn't shy away from SEO just because you had some challenges years ago. SEO is still a viable option. I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket but it's a damn good basket.

thanks, I am getting back in the game!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

physicalproducts

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Apr 21, 2016
Boulder Colorado

oh, I make massage and recovery tools..

physicalproducts

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Apr 21, 2016
Boulder Colorado
Welcome Eric!

I live in Boulder, CO as well - Right now i'm on Table Mesa and Im moving up near Pearl street next week. I run a magazine publishing business where I do a lot of outreach to bloggers/influencers and I can provide my feedback there.

I'm actually heading out the door to go to a startup longmont group right now - http://www.meetup.com/Startup-Longmont/events/229841119/

Two other entrepreneurs are going to be moving out here in a few weeks - we all should meet up to talk business and stuff.

thanks, I got kind of overwhelmed after posting... congratulations on your magazine and making it to Boulder! this is a fun place.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...