The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Bought a house , time wasted.

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

jackhos1

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2013
2 years ago I bought a house that was built in the 50s, however it had lots of problems. It has taken away many weekends and work days to fix up from remodeling to mowing the grass.

I feel like it will never end maintance wise. Do you guys do your own maintsnce or how do you handle items like this?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
2 years ago I bought a house that was built in the 50s, however it had lots of problems. It has taken away many weekends and work days to fix up from remodeling to mowing the grass.

I feel like it will never end maintance wise. Do you guys do your own maintsnce or how do you handle items like this?
I usually do my own when it's something I feel I can handle and especially if I will learn a handy skill. Mundane maintenance can be handed off though. I like mowing my grass because it's good exercise.

Glargster

New Contributor
Mar 24, 2021
Brazil
I do only electric maintenance, and some basic hydraulics (like changing the shower or the tap). I live in an apartment building, so I don't have too much to do.

Showers and taps are very simple. All you need to do is close the water, so that you wont flood your house (oh noes!)

As for electric maintenance, I would recommend a professional, as it requires training not to get accidently electrocuted (low voltage AC voltage through the heart causes Ventricular Fibrillation). This is specially true to old buildings, that may have old circuits and cables, and the electric project probably wasn't designed to handle heavy loads, such as AC. But... if the circuits were changed to newer ones, no problemo!

Ing

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I always tried to do everything myself.
Thats great for learning skills.
And meanwhile I let my friends do some work. Thats fun and its a sozial aspect, too.
Only very rarely I source something out to foreign people.
I just can’t remember to something a company did.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
What time will course be in Hong Kong? It will be very late, at 1:00 AM HK time as the starting...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I am going to test this for a month and see how it goes... If anyone wants to join using Crypto...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom