The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Boss funding my side project

gunhol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 6, 2019
Hey,
I joined a startup 2 months ago, where we have a wall for all business ideas. I saw that one of the ideas on the wall was an idea I already was working on as a side project, a local newsletter.
I approached my boss and told him I already have a site and concept. He told me that he can fund the idea, as long as I work on the site after work.
The funding in the beginning is minimal. All kinds of hosting etc + FB ads. I think the experiment will cost $2-3k in total. I do all the work.
Im seeing some minor traction on the project now and I just want to confirm with my boss what percentage we will split it to.
So my question is, what is a fair way to split this coming company into?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattmac9203

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 7, 2021
Yo gunhol,

Im just about to pull the trigger on a software called slicingpie - Slicing Pie: Perfect Equity Splits for Bootstrapped Startups - for my impending startup

Created by a very clever guy - Mike Moyer. Thoroughly recommend checking it out.

Its a fairest equity distribution system that I've seen so far, almost impossible to argue with. Taking into account 'bets' - cash, time, contact contributions etc that each individual puts into the business and rewards them in return with 'slices of pie'... i.e. company equity.

This software came highly recommended to me from a good friend of mine who has just reached series A funding in his business.

gunhol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 6, 2019
Yo gunhol,

Im just about to pull the trigger on a software called slicingpie - Slicing Pie: Perfect Equity Splits for Bootstrapped Startups - for my impending startup

Created by a very clever guy - Mike Moyer. Thoroughly recommend checking it out.

Its a fairest equity distribution system that I've seen so far, almost impossible to argue with. Taking into account 'bets' - cash, time, contact contributions etc that each individual puts into the business and rewards them in return with 'slices of pie'... i.e. company equity.

This software came highly recommended to me from a good friend of mine who has just reached series A funding in his business.
AMAZING! Thanks!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
If he sees any proof of concept he’s going to take it from you or fire you. The entire point of a board for business ideas is so he can use it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.