- Joined
- Dec 13, 2009
- Messages
- 440
Rep Bank
$555
$555
User Power: 15%
"We had a hard time hiding all the ugly cables we had behind our computers. We had two desktops and a few laptops as well as printers. We had a roommate at the time who had a computer, printer and hubs.
The room itself was very pretty. We had painted and put in crown molding and a new desk. All of the computer cables made the room look ugly. I was looking for products to hide them or conceal them, and I could not find anything. I looked for a month and a half to find products and I finally got the idea of putting Velcro straps around the cables to bundle them. I then found a surface raceway at HomeDepot which we were able to stick the bundled cables into.
My husband and I thought that we could not be the only people who had that problem. A lot of people have more than one computer or a media center. There are a lot of cables in American homes. We decided, spur of the moment, to set up a website to tell people about a few products they could purchase to conceal wires. We only had a couple of pages on the website. After about a week I started getting comments on the website. People were asking us where they could buy the products, so my husband and I decided to purchase $40 worth of inventory in our garage, and we started selling the products online."
Bootstrapping e-Commerce to 16 Million: Valerie Holstein, CEO of Cableorganizer.com (Part 1) | Sramana Mitra
The room itself was very pretty. We had painted and put in crown molding and a new desk. All of the computer cables made the room look ugly. I was looking for products to hide them or conceal them, and I could not find anything. I looked for a month and a half to find products and I finally got the idea of putting Velcro straps around the cables to bundle them. I then found a surface raceway at HomeDepot which we were able to stick the bundled cables into.
My husband and I thought that we could not be the only people who had that problem. A lot of people have more than one computer or a media center. There are a lot of cables in American homes. We decided, spur of the moment, to set up a website to tell people about a few products they could purchase to conceal wires. We only had a couple of pages on the website. After about a week I started getting comments on the website. People were asking us where they could buy the products, so my husband and I decided to purchase $40 worth of inventory in our garage, and we started selling the products online."
Bootstrapping e-Commerce to 16 Million: Valerie Holstein, CEO of Cableorganizer.com (Part 1) | Sramana Mitra
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
