The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Books that will give you a Paradigm Shift! (You'll never be the same again)

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
henry hazlitt economics in one lesson from www.amazon.com
Economics in One Lesson: The Shortest and Surest Way to Understand Basic Economics by Henry Hazlitt

Does what it says on the tin. Plus I really enjoyed he has a subtle dark humour at times.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
"do the work" by steven pressfield

Takes that "no more zero days" concept and grinds it into you , you could call it the anti action faking hymn

dgr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Feb 20, 2016
Spain
I've still don't read How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World, but The Secret to Sell Anything to Anyone, also by Harry Browne, is the best book on selling I've ever read.

So I will buy the other one :)

EDIT: No More Mr. Nice Guy along with TMF /Unscripted are also some of my most recommended readings.

Last edited:

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Principals by Ray Dalio.

EDIT: After reading some of the amazon reviews for this book I am left wondering if they actually read the same book I did. This book is a MUST READ.

Last edited:

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
G

Guest64655

@Vairavan thanks for this thread !

I am reading so many books at the same time currently and I can't add more at the moment, eventhough I am tempting with the first you mentionned and many others in the posts. Some I have already read :).

The one that I need to add to this thread is Can't hurt me by David Goggins. I am shocked reading it. I feel it's one of the best books I have read. Today I want to say that it is the best. But there are so many different books and categories. I was also shocked by the Fastlane.

Let's jut put it that way: I have never been into military, had many prejudices about it too, and I don't even know why I start with this, because this book is not about that. It is about becoming who we are. The strongest version. This guy is unbelievable ! What he has accomplished I can't process it. That's just so crazy. And by that I mean BRILLIANT. Intelligence, wisdom, life, experiences, mindset: it's all about mindset utlimately. The audiobook is a mix between the book reading and some discussions in between chapters, between the author/journalist and David Googins.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
I was raised to be independent, I never fully fit where I was because my mentality seems to have been unscripted one by default

Me too. My whole damn life.
I wasn't raised to be independent though; in a way I had no choice.

Last edited:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Me too. My whole damn life.
I was't raised to be independent though; in a way I had no choice.

I'm sure you killed it. :) There's so many things we don't get to choose when we come to this world. We just have to do with the cards we are dealt. But in a way thanks to that and the confidence that there WAS "better" out there I left all those toxic mentalities behind as soon as I became a (legal) adult.

amson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 15, 2019
Hello Fastlaners
It's my first comment since my subscription to this forum. I feel full of energy and have faith my life is going to shift !! I will do all my best to read all those books you recommend !!
Thanks to eveybody,
[ I'm from DR Congo, I'm sorry for my english is not so good]

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Release Your Brakes! by James W. Newman
The Biology of Belief by Bruce H. Lipton

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
I recently reread "The 7 Day Startup" by Dan Norris, which I found excellent for people who are just starting out.

I also just listened to his new book "This is the Answer" and a lot of the contents resonated with my recent experiences.

arl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 16, 2019
Definitely saving this thread for later. It seems like I will be doing some buying.

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
Hello Fastlaners
It's my first comment since my subscription to this forum. I feel full of energy and have faith my life is going to shift !! I will do all my best to read all those books you recommend !!
Thanks to eveybody,
[ I'm from DR Congo, I'm sorry for my english is not so good]

Last edited:

Jadpapi

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 31, 2018
usa
I have mixed feelings about this, but I don't know whether it is something personal: I was raised to be independent, I never fully fit where I was because my mentality seems to have been unscripted one by default (I don't recall any moment in my childhood/adolescence that I didn't think jobs sucked and I wanted to have some business or some sort of passive income). Now I'm alone in Chicago and my circles are small, I'm an introvert so I keep quantity vs quantity. But because people have lives I can't see everyone often.

Point being... I enjoy solitude, in fact I recharge my energy that way. I know my happiness comes from within and not depends on attachment to others, etc.

HOWEVER that doesn't mean I WANT to be alone all the time. Can I go to the movies, go to a restaurant, etc by myself? Yes and I have. Do I want to? No.

You could argue I still have a bit of attachment. I mean, we ARE social creatures. As long as it's not an extreme pattern and you are needy and insecure without others...
same here, i actually enjoy vacations, and travelling more by myself.

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
P.S.Do you guys know any other book that gave you a Paradigm Shift?

i can't recommend you advanced book because you will reject them

we can only live according to our current understanding of life ( most people can't understand this sentence anyway )

your paradigm is that society " is fine and the best thing for you " ( work , watch TV, vote for fools, etc etc )

so we can't go above that . you would reject what is said

anyway, if there are people here smart enough to go above their current beliefs, then they should read this :

Stuart Goldsmith's innercircle ( for people above the masse )

28274 28275

CountMonteCristo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Oct 10, 2015
Hungary
i can't recommend you advanced book because you will reject them

we can only live according to our current understanding of life ( most people can't understand this sentence anyway )

your paradigm is that society " is fine and the best thing for you " ( work , watch TV, vote for fools, etc etc )

so we can't go above that . you would reject what is said

anyway, if there are people here smart enough to go above their current beliefs, then they should read this :

View attachment 28273

Stuart Goldsmith's innercircle ( for people above the masse )

View attachment 28274 View attachment 28275

Why does it have to be pitched like an MLM? :D

gazpacho

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 14, 2016
Amazing thread! Thanks for starting it OP.
I have just ordered:
  1. How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World by Harry Browne
  2. Intimate Connections by David D. Burns
My personal recommendations are:
  1. PsychoCybernetics by Maxwell Maltz - Currently reading this one and it is absolutely life-changing.....If you need to read a book should be this one. Give it a look.
  2. As a man thinketh by James Allen
  3. The 4 Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz - Easy read but life changing nonetheless.
I need to mention though this books are the kind that need to be re-visited and studied to get the most of it. Otherwise, they won't have a noticeable effect in your life. The ideas outlined in them need continuous reinforcement as it is difficult to replace previous beliefs and ideas programmed into our psyche through numerous years of indoctrination.

vladikcm

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 2, 2022
Spain
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius and Letters from a Stoic of Seneca.

Stoicism has profoundly changed my life. All aspects of my life have benefited from it.

The idea that my interpretation of events and not the events themselves is what bother me, has been monumental.

"if you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it ; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"

The acceptance of life and death, the recognition that my happiness depends on me and that I don't need much to be happy...

The focus on doing: "waste no more time about arguing what a good man should be. Be one"

Timeless lessons left and right...
Read your post. Got the book(Seneca). Reading it. I am definitely not same. My mentality of things is changing. Thank you for this recommendation. Philosophy is needed in everyones life.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
PsychoCybernetics by Maxwell Maltz

A lot of people have recommended this book, is this an adequate summary of it? (via ChatGPT)

"Psycho-Cybernetics" by Maxwell Maltz delves into the concept of self-image and its profound impact on one's life. Maltz, a plastic surgeon, observed that even after successful surgeries, some patients' internal perceptions didn't change, sparking his exploration into the psychological aspects of self-image.

The book introduces the idea that the mind operates like a cybernetic system, constantly steering towards goals and making corrections based on feedback. Maltz suggests that by changing one's self-image, a person can alter their life trajectory. This process involves visualizing positive outcomes, building constructive habits, and responding to life's challenges with a healthier mindset.

Key concepts include the imagination's power in shaping reality, the role of positive thinking, and the importance of setting realistic goals. Maltz emphasizes that failure is not a reflection of one's worth but an opportunity for learning and growth.

"Psycho-Cybernetics" advocates for a self-driven approach to personal development, aligning with your interests in personal responsibility and decision-making. It's about harnessing the power of the mind to create a fulfilling life, resonating with your pursuit of happiness, health, and wealth.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
A lot of people have recommended this book, is this an adequate summary of it? (via ChatGPT)

"Psycho-Cybernetics" by Maxwell Maltz delves into the concept of self-image and its profound impact on one's life. Maltz, a plastic surgeon, observed that even after successful surgeries, some patients' internal perceptions didn't change, sparking his exploration into the psychological aspects of self-image.

The book introduces the idea that the mind operates like a cybernetic system, constantly steering towards goals and making corrections based on feedback. Maltz suggests that by changing one's self-image, a person can alter their life trajectory. This process involves visualizing positive outcomes, building constructive habits, and responding to life's challenges with a healthier mindset.

Key concepts include the imagination's power in shaping reality, the role of positive thinking, and the importance of setting realistic goals. Maltz emphasizes that failure is not a reflection of one's worth but an opportunity for learning and growth.

"Psycho-Cybernetics" advocates for a self-driven approach to personal development, aligning with your interests in personal responsibility and decision-making. It's about harnessing the power of the mind to create a fulfilling life, resonating with your pursuit of happiness, health, and wealth.
I'd say it gets the gist of it, though it lacks much of the depth you get from reading it.

The general idea of the book is that, to change oneself, someone has to first change the way they see themselves.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

Only relevant for those interested in how Real Estate works in Big Asian cities.

-Development in Hong Kong and Singapore tend to be more capital intensive (high rise apartments in city) and this leads to few big players (oligopolistic market) where big players could have informal collusion to keep prices high. One trick is to deliberately provide limited supply of fresh leased estates (99 years) in prime estates, the high sales price will be used as a “market indicator” to keep the entire region’s price high.

-Cooling property prices through supply increase tend to fail because once the expectation of price increase is formed, the consensus feeds itself in a positive feedback loop.

Last edited:

Landonclogsalot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 15, 2023
I thought I'd share some books that changed my life forever.I'll also add my key takeaway (The Paradigm Shift).

The Absolute Best:

How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
by Harry Browne -It'll give you a Ph.D. in Unscripted mindset. If you're going to read only one book in your life, make it this one and thank me later. Everyone who I recommended this book came back to me to say thank you. This book is that good. If this book doesn't change your life, nothing else will. Period. That's all I can say.
Key Takeaway: You don't have to change yourself for others. You don't have to live up to society's standards. You can live life as you want.

The Rest:

Intimate Connections
by David D. Burns - If you suffer from loneliness (all entrepreneurs would) read this book.
Key Takeaway: Practice doing things you want to do with friends, alone. The less you need friends more you have.

No More Mr.Nice Guy by Robert A. Glover - If people keep taking advantage of you, you must read this.
Key Takeaway: Put your needs before other's needs.

Looks: Why They Matter More Than You Ever Imagined by Gordon L. Patzer - If you think looks don't matter, you should read this book.
Key Takeaway: Studies after studies have shown that good looking people are treated better. They earn more. They get better life partners. Even in the court of law, good looking people were given less severe punishments for the same offense.

Getting Things Done by David Allen - Read this if you are not organized with your work.
Key Takeaway: Writing things down will remove the naggings from your head.

Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle - Some people love it, some people hate it. But, it's a wonderful book IMHO.
Key Takeaway: Most of the problems are due to overthinking. You can silence the mind by being a passive observer. (Whatever thoughts come in your mind, simply listen to it. It'll disappear.)

The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco - Self-explanatory.
Key Takeaway: Making money is just a mathematical formula (Profits x Units sold).

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie - No best books list is complete without this classic.
Key Takeaway: Make other people feel important.

There are many more books I consider the best. But these are the books that'll help most people.

P.S.Do you guys know any other book that gave you a Paradigm Shift?

This thread is absolutely amazing - I just bought two recommendations on Audible. I would like to add two of my favorites, Can’t Hurt Me and Never Finished, both by David Goggins. These are both paradigm shifting in mastering the mind. If you haven’t read them already, I’d recommend starting with Can’t Hurt Me right now and get to reading or listening. Both will change your outlook of yourself, and of life in general. Temet Nosce- “Know Thyself”

I also recommend reading Lies My Doctor Told Me by Dr Ken Berry. This book will drastically shift your views on the food we eat and eating in this manner will change your mental, physical, and spiritual life all for the better. Follow DrKenBerry on YouTube as well.

I can’t forget the OG MJ Demarcos books as well. I’ve listened to Unscripted four times now and the Millionaire Fastlane three times. Let’s change the world.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.