The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Books that will give you a Paradigm Shift! (You'll never be the same again)

Mutant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 8, 2018
London
henry hazlitt economics in one lesson from www.amazon.com
Economics in One Lesson: The Shortest and Surest Way to Understand Basic Economics by Henry Hazlitt

Does what it says on the tin. Plus I really enjoyed he has a subtle dark humour at times.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MHP368

the man, the myth, the Pseudo-Apollodorus
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
"do the work" by steven pressfield

Takes that "no more zero days" concept and grinds it into you , you could call it the anti action faking hymn

diegorueda

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2016
Barcelona, Spain
I've still don't read How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World, but The Secret to Sell Anything to Anyone, also by Harry Browne, is the best book on selling I've ever read.

So I will buy the other one :)

EDIT: No More Mr. Nice Guy along with TMF/Unscripted are also some of my most recommended readings.

Last edited:

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2019
Principals by Ray Dalio.

EDIT: After reading some of the amazon reviews for this book I am left wondering if they actually read the same book I did. This book is a MUST READ.

Last edited:

LoveLife

New Contributor
Feb 10, 2019
@Vairavan thanks for this thread !

I am reading so many books at the same time currently and I can't add more at the moment, eventhough I am tempting with the first you mentionned and many others in the posts. Some I have already read :).

The one that I need to add to this thread is Can't hurt me by David Goggins. I am shocked reading it. I feel it's one of the best books I have read. Today I want to say that it is the best. But there are so many different books and categories. I was also shocked by the Fastlane.

Let's jut put it that way: I have never been into military, had many prejudices about it too, and I don't even know why I start with this, because this book is not about that. It is about becoming who we are. The strongest version. This guy is unbelievable ! What he has accomplished I can't process it. That's just so crazy. And by that I mean BRILLIANT. Intelligence, wisdom, life, experiences, mindset: it's all about mindset utlimately. The audiobook is a mix between the book reading and some discussions in between chapters, between the author/journalist and David Googins.

MythOfSisyphus

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Thanks for the list. I've already read and love 4 of the books on your list so I'll be looking into the others

BellaPippin

Aluminum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Me too. My whole damn life.
I was't raised to be independent though; in a way I had no choice.
I'm sure you killed it. :) There's so many things we don't get to choose when we come to this world. We just have to do with the cards we are dealt. But in a way thanks to that and the confidence that there WAS "better" out there I left all those toxic mentalities behind as soon as I became a (legal) adult.

amson

New Contributor
Oct 15, 2019
Hello Fastlaners
It's my first comment since my subscription to this forum. I feel full of energy and have faith my life is going to shift !! I will do all my best to read all those books you recommend !!
Thanks to eveybody,
[ I'm from DR Congo, I'm sorry for my english is not so good]

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
I recently reread "The 7 Day Startup" by Dan Norris, which I found excellent for people who are just starting out.

I also just listened to his new book "This is the Answer" and a lot of the contents resonated with my recent experiences.

arl

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 16, 2019
Definitely saving this thread for later. It seems like I will be doing some buying.

OP
OP
Vairavan

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
Hello Fastlaners
It's my first comment since my subscription to this forum. I feel full of energy and have faith my life is going to shift !! I will do all my best to read all those books you recommend !!
Thanks to eveybody,
[ I'm from DR Congo, I'm sorry for my english is not so good]

Last edited:

Jadpapi

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 31, 2018
usa
I have mixed feelings about this, but I don't know whether it is something personal: I was raised to be independent, I never fully fit where I was because my mentality seems to have been unscripted one by default (I don't recall any moment in my childhood/adolescence that I didn't think jobs sucked and I wanted to have some business or some sort of passive income). Now I'm alone in Chicago and my circles are small, I'm an introvert so I keep quantity vs quantity. But because people have lives I can't see everyone often.

Point being... I enjoy solitude, in fact I recharge my energy that way. I know my happiness comes from within and not depends on attachment to others, etc.

HOWEVER that doesn't mean I WANT to be alone all the time. Can I go to the movies, go to a restaurant, etc by myself? Yes and I have. Do I want to? No.

You could argue I still have a bit of attachment. I mean, we ARE social creatures. As long as it's not an extreme pattern and you are needy and insecure without others...
same here, i actually enjoy vacations, and travelling more by myself.

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
P.S.Do you guys know any other book that gave you a Paradigm Shift?

i can't recommend you advanced book because you will reject them

we can only live according to our current understanding of life ( most people can't understand this sentence anyway )

your paradigm is that society " is fine and the best thing for you " ( work , watch TV, vote for fools, etc etc )

so we can't go above that . you would reject what is said

anyway, if there are people here smart enough to go above their current beliefs, then they should read this :

Stuart Goldsmith's innercircle ( for people above the masse )

28274 28275

CountMonteCristo

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 10, 2015
Hungary
i can't recommend you advanced book because you will reject them

we can only live according to our current understanding of life ( most people can't understand this sentence anyway )

your paradigm is that society " is fine and the best thing for you " ( work , watch TV, vote for fools, etc etc )

so we can't go above that . you would reject what is said

anyway, if there are people here smart enough to go above their current beliefs, then they should read this :

View attachment 28273

Stuart Goldsmith's innercircle ( for people above the masse )

View attachment 28274 View attachment 28275
Why does it have to be pitched like an MLM? :D

gazpacho

PARKED
Oct 14, 2016
Amazing thread! Thanks for starting it OP.
I have just ordered:
  1. How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World by Harry Browne
  2. Intimate Connections by David D. Burns
My personal recommendations are:
  1. PsychoCybernetics by Maxwell Maltz - Currently reading this one and it is absolutely life-changing.....If you need to read a book should be this one. Give it a look.
  2. As a man thinketh by James Allen
  3. The 4 Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz - Easy read but life changing nonetheless.
I need to mention though this books are the kind that need to be re-visited and studied to get the most of it. Otherwise, they won't have a noticeable effect in your life. The ideas outlined in them need continuous reinforcement as it is difficult to replace previous beliefs and ideas programmed into our psyche through numerous years of indoctrination.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom