The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Book suggestions for web biz.

mach9

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 30, 2007
I have an idea for a web-site that I feel has some potential. I secured the domain name yesterday. I feel fortunate that the one I wanted was available. It will be an information based site, automotive related. I will not be selling anything on this site. I just want it to be a source of info and discussion on a particular automotive subject.
I am looking for recommendations for books or web sites that can help me turn it into a profit maker provided I can make it attractive/informative enough to get the hits and sign up the members. I know nothing about affiliate programs or how to get advertisers.
I just recently took a course at the local CC on building sites, so I think I can get the physical site up and running. I am mainly trying to learn how to promote it and make a profit from it. Thanks! GMJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
If it's purely information related you may want to start with a blog. They are easy to setup and maintain, SEO friendly and easy to edit. At least I would set up a blog on a subdomain.

Amazon's program is not gonna help much right off the bat witout traffic. They only pay 4% starting which is not much on a $8.00 book. You would have better luck with Adsense I think.

I would not worry about making money right now. You need to worry about driving traffic. Without the traffic, even the best ads in the world are totally useless.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Also, the people visiting the site will be probably enjoy the site more with no ads. I think a blog would be a good idea for you. I have never set one up but I hear they are search engine friendly. You just need to be able to put out solid information that people want to read each and every day. For example, I like NC State basketball. Some guys do a really good job with a blog about NC State sports. They get about 1/2 million page view's a month and it is very much a niche target. Anyways, as far as books go, read up on SEO....PPC advertising...google adwords especially! That is what I am currently doing and purchased all four of my books off of Amazon. If you want to know which books I got, just send me a PM!

Luke

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.