The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Book Selling

Idea threads

Bbenn30

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jan 24, 2022
So I have an idea for a basic app that I want to get developed for my small business I use. I have looked at several options, no one makes an app that works well for me. I don't have the skills to create it as it seems to be rather complicated (I'm not against learning to code it) but, I would rather see what it's going to cost to have someone develop it for me. Anyone have any recommendations for an app developer or the best way to find one. I want to run an app that shows the current sold items and current for sale items on ebay with a ratio of sold to active listing and an average of sold items excluding certain criteria.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Depends on what features you want and what your budget is. If you want an app that functions more akin to website then it will be cheaper. The more complicated the app the more expensive.

Some options are
  • Finding Interns / Students
  • Fiverr / Freelancers
  • Contractors overseas
  • Contractors in the U.S.
  • Hiring your own developer
Some would be more expensive, some would take more management and involvement.

Bbenn30

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jan 24, 2022
Depends on what features you want and what your budget is. If you want an app that functions more akin to website then it will be cheaper. The more complicated the app the more expensive.

Some options are
  • Finding Interns / Students
  • Fiverr / Freelancers
  • Contractors overseas
  • Contractors in the U.S.
  • Hiring your own developer
Some would be more expensive, some would take more management and involvement.
I'm gonna rough draft my idea. I have made very basic apps, more for fun than anything. My hang up is what I need is more advance. Essentially I'm looking for something that works with the ebay api to give me live search results while I'm in the field. My hope is I can get an alpha version, use and tweak it then sell it to other folks that do what I do.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
So I have an idea for a basic app that I want to get developed for my small business I use. I have looked at several options, no one makes an app that works well for me. I don't have the skills to create it as it seems to be rather complicated (I'm not against learning to code it) but, I would rather see what it's going to cost to have someone develop it for me. Anyone have any recommendations for an app developer or the best way to find one. I want to run an app that shows the current sold items and current for sale items on ebay with a ratio of sold to active listing and an average of sold items excluding certain criteria.
It depend on its complexity , if you want it only for yourself or one user mode then a freelancer might be able to make it work .
If you want to implement a membership/subscriptions and other features of applications then avoid freelancers , read my execution blog to have idea how it is the experience dealing with developers freelancers :
read from #32 :EXECUTION - My startup progress that will buy me a Ferrari
the above is my experience , maybe other have a better one . Also remember my sofware is complex SaaS that require months to be developed and a solid architecture

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bbenn30

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jan 24, 2022
It depend on its complexity , if you want it only for yourself or one user mode then a freelancer might be able to make it work .
If you want to implement a membership/subscriptions and other features of applications then avoid freelancers , read my execution blog to have idea how it is the experience dealing with developers freelancers :
read from #32 :EXECUTION - My startup progress that will buy me a Ferrari
the above is my experience , maybe other have a better one . Also remember my sofware is complex SaaS that require months to be developed and a solid architecture
Excellent info! I'm going to read through your post now!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.