The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Book for app

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Hi, what book would you recommend to read if you want to create an app? I am NOT a computer literate but I am eager to learn.

Thank you.

Hi Friediem,

Adrian here from Banshee Apps. I have a few cool books you should read on my website Bansheeapps.com. Be VERY careful in the app world as to be honest Developers are like Car Mechanics.. Most will RIP you off Big-time! I've been burned more than once. I am part of a community called Bluecloud Solutions. PM me if you'd like to learn more. Carter the owner has a course for learning the ropes and its a decent price, and the Facebook group is super helpful too!

PS. make sure your first app is a front end simple app like a quiz,emoji or a game app. Do not try to do a complicated one with a server backend as its way more expensive and its complex too and you need to learn the process which takes time...

Kind Regards,

Adrian

Frediem

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 23, 2018
Bourg en Bresse
Thanks so much Adrian. I'll check your website and check Bluecloud Solutions. Will contact you again if I feel a bit lost (which is then likely!)

Thanks again and have a smashing day!

Frederique

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

Frediem

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 23, 2018
Bourg en Bresse
Hi Friediem,

Adrian here from Banshee Apps. I have a few cool books you should read on my website Bansheeapps.com. Be VERY careful in the app world as to be honest Developers are like Car Mechanics.. Most will RIP you off Big-time! I've been burned more than once. I am part of a community called Bluecloud Solutions. PM me if you'd like to learn more. Carter the owner has a course for learning the ropes and its a decent price, and the Facebook group is super helpful too!

PS. make sure your first app is a front end simple app like a quiz,emoji or a game app. Do not try to do a complicated one with a server backend as its way more expensive and its complex too and you need to learn the process which takes time...

Kind Regards,

Adrian

Thanks so much Adrian. I'll check your website and check Bluecloud Solutions. Will contact you again if I feel a bit lost (which is then likely!)

Thanks again and have a smashing day!

Frederique

Frediem

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 23, 2018
Bourg en Bresse

Figol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 11, 2018
Poland
Hello Frederique,

if you are interested in iOS development I recommend free Stamford University course:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71pyOB4TPRE&list=PLPA-ayBrweUzGFmkT_W65z64MoGnKRZMq

then Ray Wenderlich courses. I'm self taught iOS dev and those courses helped me a lot in the beginning.

Be aware that although programming skills can be useful, they are not the most important if we are talking about fastlane lifestyle. Bluecloud Solutions content can be helpful. I'm member of few app related groups on Facebook and BluecloudSelect group is quite active.
Make sure to read:
- A-M-A - Ask Me Anything About App Business (100+ Apps, 10M+ Downloads, 1 Liquidity Event)
- Failure - MY BIGGEST FAILURE in the app business (compelling intro for my book?)
-GOLD! - How I lean startup’d my way to $240k+ on the saturated App Store
After I read those I decided to avoid temptation of writing any code before my app idea is truly validated and I have enough emails contacts to pre-launched users. Unfortunately at the moment I'm stuck in this first step :/

I wish you all the best :)
Marcin

Frediem

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 23, 2018
Bourg en Bresse
Hello Frederique,

if you are interested in iOS development I recommend free Stamford University course:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71pyOB4TPRE&list=PLPA-ayBrweUzGFmkT_W65z64MoGnKRZMq

then Ray Wenderlich courses. I'm self taught iOS dev and those courses helped me a lot in the beginning.

Be aware that although programming skills can be useful, they are not the most important if we are talking about fastlane lifestyle. Bluecloud Solutions content can be helpful. I'm member of few app related groups on Facebook and BluecloudSelect group is quite active.
Make sure to read:
- A-M-A - Ask Me Anything About App Business (100+ Apps, 10M+ Downloads, 1 Liquidity Event)
- Failure - MY BIGGEST FAILURE in the app business (compelling intro for my book?)
-GOLD! - How I lean startup’d my way to $240k+ on the saturated App Store
After I read those I decided to avoid temptation of writing any code before my app idea is truly validated and I have enough emails contacts to pre-launched users. Unfortunately at the moment I'm stuck in this first step :/

I wish you all the best :)
Marcin

Thank you so much Marcin!

I will follow your advice and see from there. I am teaching myself with the Code Swift app at the moment but your suggestions seem much more thorough and relevant.

Wish you all the best too !

Fred

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SoftStone

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jan 15, 2018
Germany
There are two main types of apps you can build: hybrid apps and native apps.

The benefit of hybrid apps is that you code once and it works on both IOS and Android. On the other side, native apps tend to have a more "native" experience, though hybrid frameworks are catching up. Also, native apps tend to be more performant.

I'd recommend doing a bit of research to see which of the two types best fits your needs and then learning the appropriate stack.

Good luck!

Frediem

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 23, 2018
Bourg en Bresse
There are two main types of apps you can build: hybrid apps and native apps.

The benefit of hybrid apps is that you code once and it works on both IOS and Android. On the other side, native apps tend to have a more "native" experience, though hybrid frameworks are catching up. Also, native apps tend to be more performant.

I'd recommend doing a bit of research to see which of the two types best fits your needs and then learning the appropriate stack.

Good luck!

Thanks SoftStone!

Fred

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!