The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bmw 325 ci?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I wonder if any one here can provide feedback on a BMW 325 CI?

I am thinking of buying a soft-top convertible and this one caught my attention.

I've never owned a soft-top convertible, and never owned a BMW either.

Any first-hand input would be great.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
My brother had a 330ci, it was a nice DD car. Good on gas, handled well, had decent power, nice interior, very reliable. Although i am not a big BMW fan, its a nice car. I know a bunch of friends with 3 series and they all love them, I know a few pushing mid to high 200k miles too. As far as BMW convertibles, I don't know anyone who had one so can't say how they are.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Thank you.

Sorry, you lost me... DD car? Daily driving?

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Good cars, what vintage are you looking at?

As BMW's age in general around the 10 year mark your going to want to go threw the cooling system and replace all the plastic bits. They do tend to get brittle and fail, overheating one of those motors is a bad idea.

Also check to see what gear box it has. A lot of the ZF automatics made before 2003 have a pretty expensive reverse gear failure. Its $2k-$6k to fix depending on how you go about it.

Other than that solid cars, typical German car stuff. Take care of them and they will take care of you. Look for service records.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Terrible in snow. If I remember correctly. I'm assuming that you'll just store it for the winter. Which makes sense.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.