The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

blog publishing question

Justin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Mar 19, 2008
CTRL+C
CTRL+V should work well....

;)

I am sure there is a way but I don't know how to do it....You using wordpress?

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
using blogger. I have 4 sites. a b c and d. a will be an aggregate of b c and d. So each time b publishes, I want it to feed a as well and so on.

yes, control v and control c would work, but I am trying to make this more scalable, to that end I am looking to automate as much as possible

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
Not familiar with Blogger, but couldn't you put an rss feed from b, c, and d into a?

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Not familiar with Blogger, but couldn't you put an rss feed from b, c, and d into a?

thanks. That was a huge step in the right direction.

From that, it looks like I need to create and RSS feed for b c and d and then I believe I need to use an aggregator to publish the three automatically on site a.

Is this accurate?

Does anyone have a program they recommend to aggregate the feeds?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Blogger blogs may not have RSS modules, but pages like Squidoo do.

For Blogger, pull this address yoursiteurl.blogspot.com/rss.xml and add to an input section on the subsequent blog. Set to publish as posts.

Not all free blogging platforms have the same functionality, but most do. If not, try wordpress, hubpages, squidoo, or try Feedburner to sync. Although, Blogger is owned by the G. ;)

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
For Blogger, pull this address yoursiteurl.blogspot.com/rss.xml and add to an input section on the subsequent blog. Set to publish as posts.
this just went way over my head. I do not know where the input section is. For the aggregate site, I do not need it to be blog based. Any format to aggregate and post the new content as it comes in would work.

Like the sites the syndicate news feeds, only this site would only have 3 feeds.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I'm not sure what your asking now.

I think what you're asking for is a platform to import content in RSS format from multiple sources, for automated content dispersion on a news site?

I'm confused as to what you're looking for though, as the mention of Blogger would indicate a free solution, and also one that may not be hosted by yourself.

It's pretty easy to use blogs or lenses to do (what I think you want) what you want because the features are built and no software or scripts are needed. That said, if that's what you want, I'd set up a Squidoo page to get your feet wet...all you have to do is add an RSS module (simple) and import the addresses of the other blogs.

I say get your feet wet because the G is changing how they look at lenses, so they don't pull as much weight. Again, depends on your intent.

You can start over if you want and describe what you're trying to do, and I'm sure myself or others can point you in the right direction.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
If your domains are all _.blogspot.com, it's easy.
  1. Get the RSS links for sites B, C, and D. (Copy them to Notepad or something.)
  2. On the setup page for blog A, click Add a Gadget.
  3. Select Feed.
  4. Paste the RSS link for B.
  5. Repeat for C and D.
  6. Drag the content around site A, until the layout is how you like it.

Does that work for you?

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
I see. I was just trying to circumvent ant middlemen. I was sure my way worked...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.