The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Blockchain Technology

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
Hey, is there anyone investing in companies which are focusing on the "new" blockchain technology? If so, which companies do you invest in?
Has anyone made any experience in that matter?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JM35

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 13, 2013
Denver
Hey, is there anyone investing in companies which are focusing on the "new" blockchain technology? If so, which companies do you invest in?
Has anyone made any experience in that matter?

Thanks!
Any blockchain specific companies are going to be penny stocks at this point. There are a lot of big companies that are getting some skin in the game though. J.P. Morgan for example is developing their own blockchain applications for the future, although investing in a large company like that won't really get you the exposure you to blockchain that you are looking for.

Its similar to the recreational marijuana industry...its almost too new to have public companies in the game that are large enough for me to invest in. I don't play in penny stocks, but maybe that's your thing.

There have been plenty of articles written on it. Just do a Google search.

There are quite a few threads and people here who trade crypto's, although I wouldn't consider "investing" in those to be investing in the blockchain technology itself.

JM35

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 13, 2013
Denver
For example...read this article: 3 Ways to Invest in Blockchain Technology Without Buying Bitcoins

And this one: Best Stocks for 2018: Broadridge Financial Is the Blockchain Leader

IBM, AMZN, MSFT, JPM all have skin in the game

Riot Blockchain Inc.

Edit, here is my disclaimer: My mentioning of or discussing potential trade opportunities does not imply a recommendation to buy or sell those securities mentioned.

Last edited:

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria

Kimmy XD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Blockchain Tech is promising but personally, I think it'll take time for the mass consumer to understand its importance or even absorb its purpose. However, it would be a game-changer if it gets implemented across industries. If I had the money, I'd invest in Ethereum, Dash, and/or MaidSafe.

ernesto50

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Oct 12, 2014
A lot of companies are currently thinking and researching blockchain technology. The problem is though that the space is so young, it's really difficult to really create something big this early.

I think overstock.com is investing heavily into blockchain technology. I think the food and medicine industry is quite interesting with companies investing into anti-food tampering methods etc.

For now thought we will need some big winners in the blockchain industry which will provide the platforms these companies can use and build on, as without the whole infrastructure wouldn't be there. Imagine it like before the internet really became mainstream, you needed the big platform companies such as Oracle to come up with some great innovcations in database technology in order to really scale up the internet. We're in this phase now with blockchains, so we'll first need to build out this infrastructure.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.