Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

HOT! Black Friday...

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
747%
Love to see the reports. @Vick, I hope you don't have issues.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
297%
hh283pA.png

G

GuestUser140

Here's something interesting:

I know a retail guy who works only from Nov 20 till Feb 20 at 200%. Probably advertises like crazy, moves staggering amounts. Takes the rest of the year off. Has worked years and years and now just 80/20'd the business.

Personally, like most of you, until I'm free I work year round and keep growing.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
129%
Hmm....I have had ice pick headaches the last week! Nothing seems to make them go away! I just poured some Coca-cola though, so maybe that will help. I'm not a coffee drinker, but lots of tea. Oh well! Yes it will be exciting to see what happens from all your points of view this season in business. I was always on the other side and just heard reports. lol And I hated listening to those reports, but I guess today see the point of them more from a business angle rather than an employee bored out of my mind every morning. :)

G

GuestUser140

I get this warm fuzzy feeling this time of the year. Online retail in December is one the finer things in life :happy:

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
98%
I lost money on Friday, lol. (A lot of my capital is tied up in energy related industries.)

Some inspiring stuff here though!
buy more, the sale will continue to the new year. this is a picture perfect "fearful when others are greedy, greedy when others are fearful."

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
240%
Thoughts on buying on sale black Friday TVs from Wal-Mart, and reselling them on Craig's list in a few weeks as Xmas specials for only $50 more? Hmm may try it out

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
297%
5% discount CC / 10% bitcoin

Anybody tested something like this? I'm thinking about doing 5% on paypal to improve my cashflow in the next few weeks, as I pay most of the traffic via paypal. but I think it wont have a big effect as people who want to pay with paypal pay with it and the others dont have paypal :(

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
129%
Thoughts on buying on sale black Friday TVs from Wal-Mart
hmm...from working at a K-mart I can tell you every story even Wal-mart gets limit quantities. Always thought that was crazy. You have an ad for t.v.'s and get 5 for the sale. Wii's just came out and got three and everyone wanted them at the time. Mp3's 10. So unless you're superman and like waiting in super long lines from the night before in the cold to grab something and can be an ex-men and rush to to different locations with in a period of seconds, the percentage of you getting enough inventory to sell more than one item if you're lucky and survive mobs of people trying to knock you over and not steal it from you would take quite a small miracle. :) I know cause I worked at both stores and on one ocaision ten of us staff had to control one small electronic area.

I wish you the best of luck with that! :)

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
267%
Definitely went back up but not a significant jump from the day before, offered a 15% discount plus free shipping. I don't think I have enough traction yet to pull reliable data though.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 18

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
747%
Black Friday was definitely a great day for us. We smashed through our previous record for daily units sold and total revenue. I did NOT run any promotions or discounts.

Fascinating. Can you say why? Are you in a niche where you think that it wouldn't have mattered? Do you have any data to suggest how the sale might have helped or hurt, or was it just a gut thing?

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
496%
Black Friday was about double of small business Saturday for me. Guess people just want deals not to support smaller online sellers.

D

DeletedUser394

I lost money on Friday, lol. (A lot of my capital is tied up in energy related industries.)

Some inspiring stuff here though!

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
134%
Just wondering...
Any of y'all try a "In case you missed our Black Friday sale" e-mail tactic? That is if you have a list and had a sale of course

Might be a way for you to increase your revenue even more this month.

Even Steven

tumbling down the learning curve
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
256%
I thought about this thread today. I was running over December's budget and realized we wouldn't be able to save as much this month due to getting presents for all of our family. Then all of a sudden this discussion came back into my head and I thought "I can't wait to get on the other side of this equation." To have increased income instead of increased expenses during the holiday season.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.