The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bite-sized Marketing & Copywriting Tactics to Boost Your Business Everyday

Marketing, social media, advertising

Niko

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 18, 2018
My title says it all... almost.

I'm SUPER busy. I would like to receive bite-size marketing / copywriting tips and tactics in a format I could consume in a maximum of 30 minutes and apply in another 30 min.

The idea is twofold:
  • Keep learning, everyday.
  • Keep improving my business, everyday, incrementally.
My priorities?
  1. Growing my email list.
  2. Increasing sales.
Would you know of any method / training that would offer such a plan?
Or any (combinations of) book(s) that would do the job? And how I should use them?

Thanks so much

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
Check out the book - Cashvertising. It contains pretty much everything you should know to become a decent copywriter, and the information is displayed in super convenient way.
For example, the first chapter is called: THE 17 FOUNDATIONAL PRINCIPLES OF CONSUMER PSYCHOLOGY, the third one is: 41 PROVEN TECHNIQUES FOR SELLING ANYTHING TO ANYONE
It's easy to read, straight-forward, has it all and more.

At the same time start this challenge: GOLD! - Lex DeVille's: 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less
Read it, understand it, practice it. Thank you, Lex!

Niko

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 18, 2018
Check out the book - Cashvertising. It contains pretty much everything you should know to become a decent copywriter, and the information is displayed in super convenient way.

Are you kidding me? I was doing my research on this topic yesterday on Amazon and this is the exact book (out of 50 or so) that caught my attention.
Would you recommand the printed or kindle version?

Thanks for confirming my intuition. Much appreciated.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
Are you kidding me? I was doing my research on this topic yesterday on Amazon and this is the exact book (out of 50 or so) that caught my attention.
Would you recommand the printed or kindle version?

Thanks for confirming my intuition. Much appreciated.
I have the kindle, more convenient for me (and I'm impatient to wait for it).
But yeah, the book is reaaaly good. If it caught your attention and I recommended it, it must mean it's good, right?
It's a really good starting point, because it has it all - psychology, the principles, techniques and methods, how to write and how not to write, and dozens of tips to make your written text work for you!

EDIT: Do check the thread too. That helped me go from a copywriter wannabe to a full-time copywriter. And it will take just few minutes to read the daily post and then couple more to do the home-work!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niko

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 18, 2018
It's a really good starting point, because it has it all - psychology, the principles, techniques and methods, how to write and how not to write, and dozens of tips to make your written text work for you!

I have already trained myself on this for 2 years. Do you think this book could still be of
benefits for not a beginner?

My initial question was also about quick and unusual tactics to capture emails and grow my list?

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Look into setting up an RSS feed with your favorite marketing and copywriting websites so you can stay updated with their latest articles.

I have a bookmark folder with articles I return to time and time again, here are some of the websites you can add to the RSS feed to start out with:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I have the kindle, more convenient for me (and I'm impatient to wait for it).
But yeah, the book is reaaaly good. If it caught your attention and I recommended it, it must mean it's good, right?

EDIT: Do check the thread too. That helped me go from a copywriter wannabe to a full-time copywriter. And it will take just few minutes to read the daily post and then couple more to do the home-work!
While Cashvertising is a good start, what it doesn’t seem to discuss a lot is market research and customer info mining (looking through reviews, comments and forum discussions) for important pain points.

Very few books seem to discuss the research process, maybe except Joe Sugarman, and to a degree, Copyhackers.

I watched a video of the latter, in which Joanna Wiebe actually revealed that some of her best-selling headlines were based word-for-word on customer complaints on Amazon.

I would suggest keeping tabs on your market of interest, and every day go out to the related forums and central sites where people talk, to listen to the market speak.

And then gather in an Excel file what they discuss about the products they use and see if they can give you ideas on how to put it as a hook, or support a product benefit.

I found this gem of a thread on research from Warrior Forum (of all places):

I’ve just only put this as a new practice, and out of the blue, copywriting suddenly seems a lot more straightforward, conversions aside.

You won’t have to pull ideas to write on our of your head all the time.

EDIT: The above method discussed in the WF link seems to center heavily on getting insights from Facebook, which in my experience, is a crap source of customer chit-chat unless you are interviewing them online with Messenger.

If you can, by all means interview a few prospects to see their pain points and language.

But I don't like one-off interviews that you have to cram as much questions in.

That is why I like game developers' forums, where the users discuss game mechanics, and the developer himself comes in to explain stuff and of course, take notes.

It's usually ongoing, and people already sort of do the interview for you, to fork out the customer insights.

Of course, you need to know who is participating in the forum discussion.
A Singaporean investing forum is going to have a different way of expressing itself than a US one.

Reddit and its AMAs are very good, if you know how to look. Look for 'rant' threads with a lot of fighting, so you see a lot of polarising views. Read not just the highly upvoted posts, but also downvoted.

Contrary to the general view that Reddit is an echo chamber, you just have to do a lot of digging and know which subreddit has good mods.

Once in a while, I do grab insights from opinion blogs, but only if the writer has used the related product or service before (e.g. a writer detailing the pain of hiring copywriters herself), but use it secondarily.

Last edited:

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn

I'm really struggling with copywriting the last feedback I got was "burn it" and I have no way to measure the feedback other than in units sold.

I almost think I would be better off finding a problem a copywriter has and building them a solution in exchange for copywriting. Or maybe I can barter with something else for something a copywriter wants

@ZF Lee.

Lots of good books on it,they all start from the proposition your in a large area or already done freeleancing, so it is hard for me to work out the blue print for me.

Lean startup

Custoner development labs

The store bulider guy's books tyler tringas (I like this one best it,concentrates on building a lifestyle buisness and b2b as that is what the author did)

@ZF Lee. I love the idea of one off interviews and have the resources to reduce the questions to a manageable number.

Where do I find 100 people with the same problem (and a budget for it) to interview?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.