The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin/Crypto-currency Business as Fastlane

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

gabeb1920

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Feb 1, 2016
Wollongong, Australia
Hi All,

I just posted a thread on the outside forums asking about focusing on "up and coming" technologies in order to ride the wave as a technology grows in popularity. One technology in particular I'm interested in is Bitcoin/crypto-currencies.

I noticed there hasn't been much discussion on the forums here about this and so I thought I'd start a thread where we can share ideas and resources.

What are your thoughts?
Do you think Bitcoin and crypto-currencies are likely to gain main stream usage or are they just a gimmick?
If you do think they'll take off what kind of time frame til they do?
Are they worth learning about or is it better to focus on more established markets?
If you were to focus on these technologies what sort of businesses would you try to create?

Cheers

Gabriel

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
You are correct, not much cryptocurrency talk here. However, that may be because many people here do not mention their niche at all or in very broad strokes. Having said that, my broad niche is bitcoin. I am not going into details so please don't ask.

What does the future hold?

I am not sure with respect to any particular cryptocurrency (including bitcoin). I think it is too early to tell. Bitcoin interest has ebbed and flowed over the years. I was just chatting with someone who mentioned the current decline in bitcoin interest. See this article:

http://www.vox.com/new-money/2016/11/21/13669662/bitcoin-ethereum-future-explained

One area I expect to grow is blockchain technology. That is the tech that bitcoin and all other cryptocurrencies are based on. Almost every financial institution is investing in blockchain research. Checkout Coindesk.com for articles on cryptocurrency and blockchain businesses.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Hi All,

I just posted a thread on the outside forums asking about focusing on "up and coming" technologies in order to ride the wave as a technology grows in popularity. One technology in particular I'm interested in is Bitcoin/crypto-currencies.

I noticed there hasn't been much discussion on the forums here about this and so I thought I'd start a thread where we can share ideas and resources.

What are your thoughts?
Do you think Bitcoin and crypto-currencies are likely to gain main stream usage or are they just a gimmick?
If you do think they'll take off what kind of time frame til they do?
Are they worth learning about or is it better to focus on more established markets?
If you were to focus on these technologies what sort of businesses would you try to create?

Cheers

Gabriel

I think that wave is over, there has been plenty of talk on here about it. But you never know it could come back but I doubt it will be as profitable as it was.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
You are correct, not much cryptocurrency talk here. However, that may be because many people here do not mention their niche at all or in very broad strokes. Having said that, my broad niche is bitcoin. I am not going into details so please don't ask.

What does the future hold?

I am not sure with respect to any particular cryptocurrency (including bitcoin). I think it is too early to tell. Bitcoin interest has ebbed and flowed over the years. I was just chatting with someone who mentioned the current decline in bitcoin interest. See this article:

http://www.vox.com/new-money/2016/11/21/13669662/bitcoin-ethereum-future-explained

One area I expect to grow is blockchain technology. That is the tech that bitcoin and all other cryptocurrencies are based on. Almost every financial institution is investing in blockchain research. Checkout Coindesk.com for articles on cryptocurrency and blockchain businesses.

Why so selfish ? I have always thought there is plenty for all. Why do I say this ? Because not everyone is as hungry as you are, I have told the "secrets" to make it in real estate flipping/wholesaling. I told at least 8 people (They were all close friends) did one stick to the plan ? NO they all faded away with time after giving a try for like a month or two, not everyone is persistent enough. Some do succeed for a bit, but then just into another venture and loose focus on their first money generator taking them back to $0. There is 60 trillion dollars in this world, there is definitely at least a couple millions for everyone, so why be selfish ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%