The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bill Gates's insights on AI . How it will affect Industries & Future of Work

Idea threads

flyingguitarist

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 27, 2021
Just received the software OG's insights from his newsletter

AI is about to completely change how you use computers

What are your thoughts on this? Right now I'm just filled with questions.. How will it impact businesses, what kind of new business would emerge out of this (other than he mentioned)?
and for the present moment what can we do? How am I going to prepare and adapt in these changing times?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

What are your thoughts on this? Right now I'm just filled with questions.. How will it impact businesses, what kind of new business would emerge out of this (other than he mentioned)?
and for the present moment what can we do? How am I going to prepare and adapt in these changing times?

Pretty good takes by Bill, a guy a generally don't like.

Some of what he is forecasting has already come true.

I created my own AI agent this week to give detailed answers about ideas through the prism of my work (CENTS, productocracy) and I was amazed at the results.

If this is the early, beta use of such an AI Assistant, I can't imagine how things will look in 2 years.

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
Pretty good takes by Bill, a guy a generally don't like.

Some of what he is forecasting has already come true.

I created my own AI agent this week to give detailed answers about ideas through the prism of my work (CENTS, productocracy) and I was amazed at the results.

If this is the early, beta use of such an AI Assistant, I can't imagine how things will look in 2 years.
I understand exactly why you won't mention the AI assistant, by chance is the company two words? The first one begins with a P and the second word begin with A ???

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I understand exactly why you won't mention the AI assistant, by chance is the company two words? The first one begins with a P and the second word begin with A ???

I have no idea what you're asking, it's an AI assistant built on OpenAi's CHATGPT.

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
I have no idea what you're asking, it's an AI assistant built on OpenAi's CHATGPT.
I thought you were using an AI company that I'm currently working with - helping em attain customers.

It's actually way better than any OpenAi's form of AI assistant - like honestly you would be surprised.

I've got a link for it that gives me a bit of commission, can I share it here?

edit - alright I asked if I could, what makes it wrong if I get a bit of commission from this?

Last edited:

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
Our Inventors’ Meetup tomorrow is about initial vetting of invention ideas to prioritize the ones with the most potential. Any insights for the group on your plans for rolling this out?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I thought you were using an AI company that I'm currently working with - helping em attain customers.

It's actually way better than any OpenAi's form of AI assistant - like honestly you would be surprised.

Lol

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
When the majority of the world's masses are out of jobs due to AI in the near future, who's going to buy Microsoft's products and spend on services/products to power the economy?

They better get ready to provide all of us with high universal basic income so that I can fish by the lake all day long.

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
When the majority of the world's masses are out of jobs due to AI in the near future, who's going to buy Microsoft's products and spend on services/products to power the economy?

They better get ready to provide all of us with high universal basic income so that I can fish by the lake all day long.
lol trueeee

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK

edit - alright I asked if I could, what makes it wrong if I get a bit of commission from this?
@MJ DeMarco - could you correct me on what caused you to place such an emoji. I know I am not the best at communicating ideas yet but is it the commission part that was wrong and why was it wrong? I think it's apart of the rules not to give affiliate links - but I did ask though.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden

My thoughts are that this piece is very biased.

It's in his own interest to push the narrative that AI will take all the jobs. He founded Microsoft, which currently owns half of Open AI which is the company behind Chat GPT.

I am all for technological progress, I work with tech everyday and I am very grateful for all the recent achievements but let's not kid ourselves, this is not the end all be all.

I am not going to pick apart everything that was written in this blog post but I will focus on one part only which is:

If your friend just had surgery, your agent will offer to send flowers and be able to order them for you.

If my friend has surgery, you better hope that I could remember to reach out to them without the help of an agent. Also why flowers?

If you tell it you’d like to catch up with your old college roommate, it will work with their agent to find a time to get together, and just before you arrive, it will remind you that their oldest child just started college at the local university.

This example takes everything that makes a human relationship valuable and removes all the human part out of it.Don't think for yourself, the AI will tell you everything you need to know. I mean at this point, do you even want to catch up with this person or not?

Let's be clear, if in the future a friend can't be bothered to pick the phone so that we can meet and share a meal and instead sends his AI to do that, I would probably tell the AI to bugger off.

There was also another example with mental health.

I mean who can really say that talking to an AI will be the same as talking to a human?

Will the AI know the difference between right and wrong, will it understand guilt, remorse, and all these other emotions that makes us human? What bout trauma and it's impact on the life of the patients?

Basically, I think AI will have an impact on the world but these use cases for me don't seem like a good fit. In business, sure, but on the personal side of things, I have my doubts.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.