The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Better Then Dollar Shave Club (Girls Don't Poop!)

Marketing, social media, advertising

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
ORIGINAL THREAD: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/general-discussion/48090-girls-dont-poop.html

If you are not an INSIDERS, maybe re-think that because there is a more in depth discussion on this video in there. Also, Andrew posted this before me on the INSIDERS forum, but I did not see it (100% credit goes to him for showing me this)

I was blown away by the execution, viral aspect, marketing brilliance, acting and overall demonstration of effectiveness (with proof) of product.

Hell I almost bought this just because the video was so good.

After watching this a few times I was curious to see who created this campaign. Needless to say, a fastlaner who had done this with another product (in similar fashion) was the mastermind behind it.

He is the founder of Orabrush | Tongue Cleaner – Tongue Scraper- Cure Bad Breadth

Here is the video for the orabrush product:

They banked of the media they got and started creating even more videos like this :​

Just so you guys know, it took them 3 weeks of script writing, acting, filming etc. to produce the poopouri video. 4 million hits in a few days and thousands of sales already.

Impact millions, make millions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

mags

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Oct 18, 2011
This is amazing in a lot of aspects.

I love the call-to-action part. It makes me want to click and purchase immediately.

Also: "That's a better rating than the iPhone 5" - this sure got me. Lol

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Well executed.

scottaj74

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 11, 2012
Brilliant! Anyone have experience with creating or working with videos of this calibre? If so, please tell us how you did it. Or, where you found someone to do this. Now that I think about it, I could try to trace this back through the YouTube posting.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
AndrewNC posted this in the INSIDERS's forum a couple days before you posted it here. So, I'll repost my reply to that thread here for everyone to check out...

An overnight success 6 years in the making.

The Offensively Funny New Viral Video for 'Poo Pourri,' From The Masterminds Behind Orabrush - RICK MATHIESON: GENWOW.COM

Batiz launched the company in 2007 and whiffed out $1 million in first-year revenue - a figure that has soared to at least $15 million this year, mostly from women 40-to 60-years-old.

In short, this Poo cleans up - and it's ready for more.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Yeah I only realized last night when I logged in and saw it. Even though I gave him credit either way, I updated my original post to give him more credit and linked to his post.

Thanks for looking out Allen :)

AndrewNC posted this in the INSIDERS's forum a couple days before you posted it here. So, I'll repost the link here for everyone to check out...

An overnight success 6 years in the making.

The Offensively Funny New Viral Video for 'Poo Pourri,' From The Masterminds Behind Orabrush - RICK MATHIESON: GENWOW.COM

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I had the chance to chat with the OraBrush founder when he was in Austin...

An interesting backstory most people don't know about:

An older man who created the OraBrush came into his college class and presented to them looking for marketing advice. It just wasn't selling. I forget the exact details, but something along the lines of 'only x% of people have bad breath, or buy things for their breath online'. I forget what it was, but the jist of it was that only a potentially small % of people were buyers for this. Everyone but one in the class decided it wasn't a good idea because of this.

One kid raised his hand, saying x% of everyone is huge, and after the class ended up partnering up with the creator and creating viral videos with his friends to start getting sales.

Once they started getting some traction/publicity online w/viral videos, they used that to reach out to buyers at Walmart to get placement in stores. Now they're scaling w/new product lines.

There's usually sick "hustle" behind most success stories.

Ãœbertreffen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 17, 2012
I had the chance to chat with the OraBrush founder when he was in Austin...

An interesting backstory most people don't know about:

An older man who created the OraBrush came into his college class and presented to them looking for marketing advice. It just wasn't selling. I forget the exact details, but something along the lines of 'only x% of people have bad breath, or buy things for their breath online'. I forget what it was, but the jist of it was that only a potentially small % of people were buyers for this. Everyone but one in the class decided it wasn't a good idea because of this.

One kid raised his hand, saying x% of everyone is huge, and after the class ended up partnering up with the creator and creating viral videos with his friends to start getting sales.

Once they started getting some traction/publicity online w/viral videos, they used that to reach out to buyers at Walmart to get placement in stores. Now they're scaling w/new product lines.

There's usually sick "hustle" behind most success stories.

[video=youtube_share;p4tuTi8_z6Q]http://youtu.be/p4tuTi8_z6Q[/video]

bombaytea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Oct 31, 2013
Now that was so COOL!
I love these kinds of
rags to riches" stories.

Great job!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007