The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Better late than never...

tpsreports99

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Nov 30, 2019
Alabama
Hi.
I recently listened TMF and Unscripted , mostly while at work and during my commute. I am now re-listening to both books again to keep me in the right mindset and let the concepts sink in. These two books have me hooked on audiobooks.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I was watching a Youtube video that talked about Unscripted and how it inspired that person. I initially watched that person's channel for advice on switching careers to software development and working remotely. After watching the video, I googled MJ DeMarco, and saw that he had two books, and I decided to start from the beginning and also try Audible at the same time. After listening to TMF , I immediately purchased Unscripted and listened to it over the course of two workdays. I really wish I had heard about the Fastlane approach years earlier, but at least I can make the most of the second half of my life or whatever time I have left.

Some background:
I'm only a few months from hitting 40 and have been married for just over 4 years. No kids...yet. I have a degree in Chemistry and have worked as a lab tech for the last 5 years. I joined to military straight out of high school, and after that started my scripted life and went to college. I changed majors several times, and wasted away my GI Bill and scholarship money on the Cheech and Chong lifestyle, so much so that I took on lots of student loan debt. I guess you could say I was 100% sidewalker and didn't give a damn.

A few months ago, I had my FTE. Of course, I didn't know what an FTE was at the time, but I knew that something wasn't right and that worrying over future promotions at work and dealing with selfish @ssholes isn't how I wanted to spend the rest of my life, even if I do get another promotion or decent pay bump. I like performing the tasks associated with my job, but I don't like all the other bs that comes with almost any job, such as dealing with micromanagement and have no control over anything. An upside is that PTO is good, and I work late night/early morning and leave at around 11 am, rarely over 8 hours, which gives me ample time during the day for my fastlane pursuits.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
I recently listened TMF and Unscripted , mostly while at work and during my commute.
After listening to TMF , I immediately purchased Unscripted and listened to it over the course of two workdays.
I did the same thing... I wanted to walk off the job after listening to TMF!
I took on lots of student loan debt.
I feel you.
but at least I can make the most of the second half of my life or whatever time I have left.
Damn right.

Welcome friend!

Edit: If you were sad at the end of Unscripted because it was over, you now have tons of awesome posts to read, start with the ones marked Gold!

Last edited:

Grinder20

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
May 28, 2019
Hi.
I recently listened TMF and Unscripted , mostly while at work and during my commute. I am now re-listening to both books again to keep me in the right mindset and let the concepts sink in. These two books have me hooked on audiobooks.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I was watching a Youtube video that talked about Unscripted and how it inspired that person. I initially watched that person's channel for advice on switching careers to software development and working remotely. After watching the video, I googled MJ DeMarco, and saw that he had two books, and I decided to start from the beginning and also try Audible at the same time. After listening to TMF , I immediately purchased Unscripted and listened to it over the course of two workdays. I really wish I had heard about the Fastlane approach years earlier, but at least I can make the most of the second half of my life or whatever time I have left.

Some background:
I'm only a few months from hitting 40 and have been married for just over 4 years. No kids...yet. I have a degree in Chemistry and have worked as a lab tech for the last 5 years. I joined to military straight out of high school, and after that started my scripted life and went to college. I changed majors several times, and wasted away my GI Bill and scholarship money on the Cheech and Chong lifestyle, so much so that I took on lots of student loan debt. I guess you could say I was 100% sidewalker and didn't give a damn.

A few months ago, I had my FTE. Of course, I didn't know what an FTE was at the time, but I knew that something wasn't right and that worrying over future promotions at work and dealing with selfish @ssholes isn't how I wanted to spend the rest of my life, even if I do get another promotion or decent pay bump. I like performing the tasks associated with my job, but I don't like all the other bs that comes with almost any job, such as dealing with micromanagement and have no control over anything. An upside is that PTO is good, and I work late night/early morning and leave at around 11 am, rarely over 8 hours, which gives me ample time during the day for my fastlane pursuits.

@tpsreports99, welcome and great name, lol!

tpsreports99

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Nov 30, 2019
Alabama
I did the same thing... I wanted to walk off the job after listening to TMF!

I feel you.

Damn right.

Welcome friend!

Edit: If you were sad at the end of Unscripted because it was over, you now have tons of awesome posts to read, start with the ones marked Gold!

Thanks. You're right, the forum is great. It's almost like a third Fastlane book that gets continually updated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...