Hello all
I made a search and this has been discussed a lot before, but I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the options and I still do not know which of the solutions would be best for my upcoming e-commerce site.
It will be an exclusively online store with around 500 items to start with.
It will target two different markets, so I need a dual-language option (I don't mind translating myself if necessary, but this HAS to be possible).
I also need the somewhat unusual option to separate orders on the invoice that reach a specific price tag (let's say $100). If the customer orders three different items for $50 each, totalling $150, I want to make these three buys appear separate on the invoice so I can adhere with local rules in one of the markets. I know that Play.com did this before. They charged the whole amount, made separate invoices for each item, and shipped each item separately. I want to do the same. If the combined price is lower than $100, then I want the order to appear the normal way. Is this possible at all?
Other things that I would appreciate in a webshop solution:
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you
I made a search and this has been discussed a lot before, but I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the options and I still do not know which of the solutions would be best for my upcoming e-commerce site.
It will be an exclusively online store with around 500 items to start with.
It will target two different markets, so I need a dual-language option (I don't mind translating myself if necessary, but this HAS to be possible).
I also need the somewhat unusual option to separate orders on the invoice that reach a specific price tag (let's say $100). If the customer orders three different items for $50 each, totalling $150, I want to make these three buys appear separate on the invoice so I can adhere with local rules in one of the markets. I know that Play.com did this before. They charged the whole amount, made separate invoices for each item, and shipped each item separately. I want to do the same. If the combined price is lower than $100, then I want the order to appear the normal way. Is this possible at all?
Other things that I would appreciate in a webshop solution:
- Inventory management (good detailed overview of stock, cost of each item, sales price of each item)
- Detailed "query report" (so I can do some analytics on which items or categories that sell, and which do not)
- Accounting (something that pairs up with Quickbooks or similar so I do not need to worry too much about the accounting part?)
- Support (in case I need some advanced things like the requirement I mentioned above)
- Add-ons
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
