The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best webshop solution for my specific business?

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
Hello all

I made a search and this has been discussed a lot before, but I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the options and I still do not know which of the solutions would be best for my upcoming e-commerce site.

It will be an exclusively online store with around 500 items to start with.

It will target two different markets, so I need a dual-language option (I don't mind translating myself if necessary, but this HAS to be possible).

I also need the somewhat unusual option to separate orders on the invoice that reach a specific price tag (let's say $100). If the customer orders three different items for $50 each, totalling $150, I want to make these three buys appear separate on the invoice so I can adhere with local rules in one of the markets. I know that Play.com did this before. They charged the whole amount, made separate invoices for each item, and shipped each item separately. I want to do the same. If the combined price is lower than $100, then I want the order to appear the normal way. Is this possible at all?

Other things that I would appreciate in a webshop solution:

• Inventory management (good detailed overview of stock, cost of each item, sales price of each item)
  • Detailed "query report" (so I can do some analytics on which items or categories that sell, and which do not)
  • Accounting (something that pairs up with Quickbooks or similar so I do not need to worry too much about the accounting part?)
  • Support (in case I need some advanced things like the requirement I mentioned above)
  • Add-ons
Price is not an issue, really.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
I am still undecided about which ecommerce solution to go for. I honestly didnt think this was going to be a problem given the abundance of options, but it looks like its hard to find the "perfect" fit. I have tried Prestashop, Shopify, OpenCart, Bigcommerce, but I am not convinced.

It is very important for me to do the following:

• Charge in EUR, receive money in USD (has to be compatible with a payment solution offered by the ecommerce solution)
  • Have different languages, not just English! (A shame popular solutions like Shopify and BC don't have this!). I could do this myself if it is not TOO hard of a task?
  • I have found many of the solutions to be very hard to deal with when it comes to the simplest of things, such as adding inventory in different sizes. It should be easy to add a product and state the number of items of Small, Medium, Large and X-Large you have.
I like Prestashop best so far, but it seems a bit overwhelming at first. Any advice?

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
What you're asking for needs to be a custom solution made by a developer, that is probably why no one has responded.

or at the very least built off a e-commerce platform but, still a developer would have to be involved.

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
What you're asking for needs to be a custom solution made by a developer, that is probably why no one has responded.

or at the very least built off a e-commerce platform but, still a developer would have to be involved.

Yeah, I am starting to realize that. I guess I am too picky and have too many needs for a standard solution :) Still, I want to pick the one that is closest to my needs, so I dont need to spend an enormous amount of time and money to customize it.

Shopify and BigCommerce are simple and great for basic needs, but I don't know how much customizing they allow? Do you know how difficult it would be to implement these things or if it is possible at all?

So far, Prestashops seems like my most likely choice.

Thanks for your input.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Yeah, I am starting to realize that. I guess I am too picky and have too many needs for a standard solution :) Still, I want to pick the one that is closest to my needs, so I dont need to spend an enormous amount of time and money to customize it.

Shopify and BigCommerce are simple and great for basic needs, but I don't know how much customizing they allow? Do you know how difficult it would be to implement these things or if it is possible at all?

So far, Prestashops seems like my most likely choice.

Thanks for your input.

For what you are doing I would use something like Open Cart if you have any knowledge of web design/coding.

Other then that, I don't know much about Prestashop

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.