The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best way to take health pills?

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
Hi guys,

Been taking vitamin pills for years, mainly Multivitamins, Ginkgo, Omega 3, Zinc Chelate and Hair Food.

I take them without much discipline, taking em when I remember. My idea was that so long I am taking it, it's good, but hey maybe it's not that way?

Hence I wonder how do you guys take your pills? And what pills do you take? I am late 30s male, active lifestyle.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Hi guys,

Been taking vitamin pills for years, mainly Multivitamins, Ginkgo, Omega 3, Zinc Chelate and Hair Food.

I take them without much discipline, taking em when I remember. My idea was that so long I am taking it, it's good, but hey maybe it's not that way?

Hence I wonder how do you guys take your pills? And what pills do you take? I am late 30s male, active lifestyle.

I take magnesium and D a lot of days before bed. It's winter and there's little sun here and magnesium is supposed to help with muscle relaxation which is nice after the gym.

Other than that, I try to eat healthy so I don't have to take too many vitamins. I've read before that the body doesn't really absorb them very well anyway.

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
I take magnesium and D a lot of days before bed. It's winter and there's little sun here and magnesium is supposed to help with muscle relaxation which is nice after the gym.

Other than that, I try to eat healthy so I don't have to take too many vitamins. I've read before that the body doesn't really absorb them very well anyway.

Yea, and also fish oil during winter days.

I’ve also heard that our body can’t absorb that much Vitamins hence I have also stopped eating multivitamins.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
I have like 50 bottles of supplements at any given time , im a sucker for supplements.

That being said im a trained medical professional who geeks out on studies and I know most of what I take I pee out.

I take something every morning but never the same stuff (not even a multi)

My advise would be avoid herbs (if something bioactive is found theyll concentrate it and sell that or make it a pharmaceutical) and pay for quality (labdoor is a good resource for this)

Last thing you want is to be slowly poisoning yourself with your cheap off brand chinese made multivitamin day in and day out for decades.

I do have some herbs in rotation right now. Black ginger and bacopa but once im out I wont be restocking. Any benefits I can get from either of these are easily matched or exceeded by even a small amount of exercise.

One thing I did get into recently is trying to adjust my Omega 6 to 3 ratio , its super hard to find clean fish so Ive ended up just supplementing the omega 3 itself to counteract the high amounts of 6 in my diet. Little tip here , even if youre just taking fish oil broadly speaking instead of omega 3 specifically , you can save a small fortune by purchasing bottles of liquid instead of capsules (they flavor it pretty tolerably as well)

NursingTn

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 30, 2019
This is a question for a medical professional because we do not know your current health status nor your medical history.

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
I am now doing daily if I remember

Omega 3
Zinc Chelate
Hair growth

I am putting it into those Mon, Tue, etc box to remind myself.

Question, does anyone take ginkgo biloba daily

ray hernandez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 12, 2018
I have been in the fitness world for sometime as a competitive bodybuilder. Nothing beats having a well rounded diet to obtain your essential vitamins. Obviously seeing a health professional to determine what vitamins are lacking is a good idea. Recently I have become very involved with my gut health and I believe the use of digestive enzymes and fiber is a must.

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
I have been in the fitness world for sometime as a competitive bodybuilder. Nothing beats having a well rounded diet to obtain your essential vitamins. Obviously seeing a health professional to determine what vitamins are lacking is a good idea. Recently I have become very involved with my gut health and I believe the use of digestive enzymes and fiber is a must.

Do you have any suggestion how to approach the health professional? Prior I did this via my annual checkup and with all those markers my doctor say you should , say, increase iron, or reduce fat etc..... It's good health but also more general.

ray hernandez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 12, 2018
Do you have any suggestion how to approach the health professional? Prior I did this via my annual checkup and with all those markers my doctor say you should , say, increase iron, or reduce fat etc..... It's good health but also more general.
I understand where you are coming from. Definitely good to get your baseline labs and ask your doctor to check you for the major vitamins in order to determine any deficiencies. Diet is always the best way to increase those deficiencies and seeing a nutritionist or certified dietician may help which your primary doctor may refer you too. If not supplementing your deficiencies with vitamins can be an option and you can discuss this with your health care provider.

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
I understand where you are coming from. Definitely good to get your baseline labs and ask your doctor to check you for the major vitamins in order to determine any deficiencies. Diet is always the best way to increase those deficiencies and seeing a nutritionist or certified dietician may help which your primary doctor may refer you too. If not supplementing your deficiencies with vitamins can be an option and you can discuss this with your health care provider.

Just read up about the subtle differences of dietician and nutritionist, thank you.

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
I think I now know what I really want to ask. Is taking health pills like eating vegetables, you need to have a proper routine to it, you can't just eat plenty vegetables one day and skip for three days and eat plenty again on the fourth day, so what's the "regiment" of taking pills to get the effect.

DST

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Nov 19, 2013
Norway
Best way to take supplements is to generally don't do it

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
So I’ve been taking

- Zinc chelate
- fish oils
- gingko biloba

for about 3 months and stopped for about two months after I finished them. I plan to restart again and this time it will be

- Zinc chelate
- fish oil (different brand)
- ginseng

the ginseng and gingko is meant for both mental alert so just switching to not be tied to one for too long.

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
So I’ve been taking

- Zinc chelate
- fish oils
- gingko biloba

for about 3 months and stopped for about two months after I finished them. I plan to restart again and this time it will be

- Zinc chelate
- fish oil (different brand)
- ginseng

the ginseng and gingko is meant for both mental alert so just switching to not be tied to one for too long.

Also to add, since I've taken (Zinc, fish oils, ginkgo) my concentration has become better, and after I stopped for about two months my focus is again not as sharp, so it will be interesting to see if I get back the sharpness when I restart again.

One thing I haven't done very well is consistently taking it, it's a day or taking then stop another and continue.

bracknelson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 28, 2020
For taking medicine queries you have to consult with your doctor. Always follow the advice of the doctor when taking a supplement. Some dietary supplements should be taken with food for optimal absorption; others may need to be taken on an empty stomach. To enhance absorption, fat-soluble vitamins should be taken with a fat-containing meal.

nothingness

I make great coffee
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Mar 3, 2021
UK
Get educated on /r/supplements and /r/nootropics. Just listening to your doctor is just throwing money away to get big pharma recommendations with a whole host of side effects, doctors are brainwashed by 4 years of big pharma funded college and serve to gatekeep people from things that actually work. That list of people who tried to oppose Joe Rogan recently? Most of them were dentists and med students. Not actual doctors. Only take supplements that people have used for years, check their interactions with other drugs or supplements, and use common sense.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.