The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best way to create a website?

Kal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 4, 2011
I was hoping someone could help point me in the right direction for creating a basic informational website.

The website will be basic in the fact that it will be a source for information for my accounting and tax firm. I also would like to have a blog attached where I could provide updates for relevant tax, accounting and economic issues. Ideally I would not want the blog on the home page but accessed through a link.

My question is should i use:

i ) Wordpress template
ii) CSS template
iii) A website design program such as Intuit Website Creator

To be honest I haven't done much research into which option to choose, but there is so much information I feel like I need help finding a starting point. Once I have a starting point I will put in the required work to develop the site.

I would also like to mention I am not looking for the easiest/quickest method, but perhaps a median between having a quality product that can be search engine optimized, but without spending way more time then necessary focusing on learning code rather then the content of the business.

I already have a logo contest posted on 99designs.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser2

word press
easy fast. lots of people use it.
SEO great

easy themes for changing look

also a ton of info on youtube on how to do it.

Keith Craigo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 4, 2011
California
I agree with zen*******, if you want to stay away from coding but have the option to do so in the future, WordPress is a good choice.

With WordPress you can set up your static pages for the informational part then have a separate link for your daily posts, forums what have you. WordPress is really extensible and well supported.

Keith

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
i ) Wordpress template

Yes, definitely. Given your specific needs, this free yet powerful platform will get you:

>> Set up website in no time - 1-5min.

>> Lots of high quality free/cheap designs.

>> Ease of use, Search engine friendliness.

>> Great and cheap support / customization should you ever need it.

>> A great and easy way to blog, and have your posts shared around internet and protected from spam comments.

ii) CSS template

No, you'll need a ton of custom programming done. Unnecessary expense + unlikely the same high quality wordpress gives you.

If you really like some CSS template very much, you can have someone easily and cheaply transform it to wordpress theme.

iii) A website design program such as Intuit Website Creator

No.

----

Note: although wordpress works out of the box, you may want to get a little consultation from someone how to tune it up a bit, so that you get maximum of SEO and other benefits.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ForestL

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 6, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
I just had a wordpress site built for $250 plus $10 a month for hosting. IMO that's the way to go, you don't have to learn anything and your sites up in a short amount of time. I just spent about 30min with the designer learning how to add stuff to the site...I'm done.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.