The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best self empowering habit

Anything related to matters of the mind

Roberto Zenga

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 30, 2019
Have been in this forum since a few days and thinking already I'm in the right place to get my kick in the a$$ for g(r)owing from Slowlane to Fastlane.

Anyway, what've been the most self-effectiveness/ empowering habit(s) you developed for becoming a Fastlaner or do you think it/them helped the most?

From my side I'm thinking to start meditating and writing a daily journal.

Courious to learn from you.

Waiting for tour opinione!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mongoose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Sep 29, 2018
- meditation
- reading my top values, strengths and goals every day
- journaling
- practicing and developing my top strength every day
- reading
- limited screen time (also disabled facebook feed and youtube start page through
chrome plugins)
- spending at least an hour completely focused on my girlfriend

Roberto Zenga

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 30, 2019
- meditation
- reading my top values, strengths and goals every day
- journaling
- practicing and developing my top strength every day
- reading
- limited screen time (also disabled facebook feed and youtube start page through
chrome plugins)
- spending at least an hour completely focused on my girlfriend
Great thanks!
Which kind of meditation do you practice?
What do you precisely write in tour journal?
Do you have any precise routine in writing it?

mongoose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Sep 29, 2018
Which kind of meditation do you practice?

I started with simple mindfulness, just being aware of your experience. A great teacher is Thich Nhat Hanh (his book "the miracle of mindfulness" is great for starters!)

Now i do a combination of different yoga techniques, breathing techniques and relaxation techniques. Mostly Kriya Yoga and Bioenergetics.

There is a lot to explore, here are two youtube channels that can give guidance:
actualized.org (Meditation - personal development)
Devaraj Sandberg (Bioenergetics, this is the strongest relaxation method i found)

What do you precisely write in tour journal?
Do you have any precise routine in writing it?

This changes constantly. What i don't do is the typical "Dear Journal, today was a bad day because my gf was angry with me and now i drink tea.." I think this is not very effective.

Here is what i love to do:

Stream of consciousness writing (or morning pages as some might call it)
Here you just write everything that comes into your mind WITHOUT CENSORING any of it. Even if you have dark and perverted stuff coming up, you just keep going and write everything down that wants to come out. This makes you creative as F*ck and gives you astonishing self knowledge.

Also i write down questions and contemplate them intensively for 30 minutes or longer. The more focused you are, the deeper the insights!

I highly recommend you the book "the bullet journal method". It gave me a lot of useful information about journaling and a lot of methods you can use.

By the way: Get a high quality notebook, nothing cheap. This will help you to use it regularly. I recommend the Leuchtturm 1917 a5 dotted ones.

Ahash31

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 13, 2019
Anyway, what've been the most self-effectiveness/ empowering habit(s) you developed for becoming a Fastlaner or do you think it/them helped the most?

By far the most effective and empowering habit you can have is to consciously become aware of and systematically eradicate FEAR from your own personal being.

If everyday you sat down and analyzed your negative feelings from the previous day and then traced back which fear those negative feelings came from, then made a plan to actively face and get rid of the fear; You will be much more happy, much more efficient, much more understanding, empathetic, effective and more. There is literally no downside to getting rid of fear. It will help you in all aspects and in all facets of life.

All self sabotaging behaviors and habits are results of underlying fears. Fear of Judgement, Fear of Change, and the biggest of all Fear of Inadequacy. Explore these fears as they are the most common in our western culture. See if you can become aware of how they are expressing in your own personal being and make the commitment to change.

Best of Luck

mongoose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Sep 29, 2018
By far the most effective and empowering habit you can have is to consciously become aware of and systematically eradicate FEAR from your own personal being.

If everyday you sat down and analyzed your negative feelings from the previous day and then traced back which fear those negative feelings came from, then made a plan to actively face and get rid of the fear; You will be much more happy, much more efficient, much more understanding, empathetic, effective and more. There is literally no downside to getting rid of fear. It will help you in all aspects and in all facets of life.

All self sabotaging behaviors and habits are results of underlying fears. Fear of Judgement, Fear of Change, and the biggest of all Fear of Inadequacy. Explore these fears as they are the most common in our western culture. See if you can become aware of how they are expressing in your own personal being and make the commitment to change.

Best of Luck

Strong advice! You can combine this practice with journaling for full effect :)

Roberto Zenga

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 30, 2019
I started with simple mindfulness, just being aware of your experience. A great teacher is Thich Nhat Hanh (his book "the miracle of mindfulness" is great for starters!)

Now i do a combination of different yoga techniques, breathing techniques and relaxation techniques. Mostly Kriya Yoga and Bioenergetics.

There is a lot to explore, here are two youtube channels that can give guidance:
actualized.org (Meditation - personal development)
Devaraj Sandberg (Bioenergetics, this is the strongest relaxation method i found)

This changes constantly. What i don't do is the typical "Dear Journal, today was a bad day because my gf was angry with me and now i drink tea.." I think this is not very effective.

Here is what i love to do:

Stream of consciousness writing (or morning pages as some might call it)
Here you just write everything that comes into your mind WITHOUT CENSORING any of it. Even if you have dark and perverted stuff coming up, you just keep going and write everything down that wants to come out. This makes you creative as F*ck and gives you astonishing self knowledge.

Also i write down questions and contemplate them intensively for 30 minutes or longer. The more focused you are, the deeper the insights!

I highly recommend you the book "the bullet journal method". It gave me a lot of useful information about journaling and a lot of methods you can use.

By the way: Get a high quality notebook, nothing cheap. This will help you to use it regularly. I recommend the Leuchtturm 1917 a5 dotted ones.
That is really insightful! Thanks a lot.
I'll try both of them from tomorrow. I currently spend more than 2 hours for getting into my 9-5 job and most of that time is spent in the train. So I can exploit those hours to improve myself.

I'll bring also that book, It'll be one of the coming readings.

Which kind of advantages/empowering thoughts have you received from these kind of habits?

Roberto Zenga

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 30, 2019

Best of Luck
Really helpful.

Can you please advice on how to become aware of them?

mongoose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Sep 29, 2018
Which kind of advantages/empowering thoughts have you received from these kind of habits?

Meditation made me emotionally stable. I was on the bipolar side, always crazy excited then sad as shit. Now i am going very steady, i feel that it takes much more to bring me out of balance. Also through meditation i found spirituality and this was a game changer. If you are into this kind of stuff send me a pm :)

Journaling made my thoughts conscious so i could deal with it. I didn't know how much emotional garbage i was suppressing till i was writing it down! Self Knowledge gives you great power over your circumstances.

Rhydian Edwards

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 12, 2018
Aberystwyth

Best of Luck
Can you give any advice on how to do this. It is something I really struggle with and its often the reason I don't even start really cool projects

Ahash31

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 13, 2019
Really helpful.

Can you please advice on how to become aware of them?

Can you give any advice on how to do this. It is something I really struggle with and its often the reason I don't even start really cool projects

Advice to become aware: Anytime you have a negative feeling. This negative feeling can be traced back to a fear. You have to ask yourself "WHY" am I feeling this way whether it be jealousy, anxiety, negative feeling towards someone else, etc. Any negative feeling, trace it back to it's fear. This is how you find the FEARS, find the EGO first and trace it back. If you are anything like the average in our culture you'll find most of your fears will trace back to a "FEAR OF INADEQUACY."

Advice on how to get rid of fear once you find: The only real ingredient is courage. You have to really want to get rid of that fear at the core of your being. You have to have the intent to BE different not just DO or ACT different. Changing yourself is not about changing what you DO but changing WHO YOU ARE. Say to yourself when those negative thoughts or feelings come up. "I don't want to be like this anymore." Intend it. Repetition over and over.
Another strategy is to think of the absolute worst that can happen in a situation where you are particularly fearful. Let's say it's an important sales call or interview. What's the absolute worst that could happen? Let's say you absolutely bomb and get fired or miss an opportunity, well, can you live with that? Resolve yourself to accept the absolute worst possible situation IF it happens ( even though probably highly unlikely ) and once you're ok with that , truly ok with whatever happens, the fear can just go away.

its often the reason I don't even start really cool projects

This is the EGO's strategy of protecting itself by "I can't lose if I don't play." You're afraid that if you do something and fail, you will look inadequate, or even worse you'll actually have to accept your own inadequacy.

The most important thing to really improve in this manner is just to hold that intent that you want to be different, don't want these fears anymore, and are ready and willing to change who you are at the core of yourself. Holding an intent like this year after year and you WILL see a massive change. Once again this is absolutely no con for becoming fearless, only pros.

Isaunders

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 14, 2019
Have been in this forum since a few days and thinking already I'm in the right place to get my kick in the a$$ for g(r)owing from Slowlane to Fastlane.

From my side I'm thinking to start meditating and writing a daily journal.

Courious to learn from you.

Waiting for tour opinione!
+1 on meditation, it’s incredible how beneficial it has been. I practice a version called Natural Stress Relief, and it’s the least “spiritual “ method I could find. Takes very little time per day, I do two 15 min sessions.

Roberto Zenga

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 30, 2019
+1 on meditation, it’s incredible how beneficial it has been. I practice a version called Natural Stress Relief, and it’s the least “spiritual “ method I could find. Takes very little time per day, I do two 15 min sessions.
That is very interesting! Any advice on where to find any info about that?
Which kind of relief have you experienced?

Isaunders

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 14, 2019
That is very interesting! Any advice on where to find any info about that?
Which kind of relief have you experienced?
It's great. I forget where I found it, I'm not skilled in internet etiquette so not sure if I am allowed to post a link. If you google "Natural+Stress+Relief+meditation" it will bring up the link. I'm not affiliated with them in any fashion, just found the method to be very useful. A much deeper sense of calm and waaaaaay less anxiety. Slightly improved concentration. At first the effects are very subtle, but it's cumulative. It's a variation of Transcendental Meditation.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
For me, my number one habit is running every single day. That with a few other morning habits (e.g., reading) lets me get to work in the right frame of mind every single day, regardless of how I feel when I wake up.

The next best habit for me is going to bed on time every day.

Really, you can't ever go wrong with building up good habits in the trinity of health:
  • Sleep
  • Exercise
  • Diet
Without these fundamentals, you can't achieve max productivity every single day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.