The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best methods to instill positive habits

Anything related to matters of the mind

persistencyiskey

F the BS
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Oct 18, 2017
Austin, TX
There's tons of content on this topic, but I'm curious to learn more about everyones unique ways of instilling positive habits into their lives.

Think about some of your core keystone habits that help make it easier to hold to and stick with all other habits that you've built up.

What did you do to ensure these actions turned into habits, how did you hold yourself accountable?

A few ways that I've learned from self-help book reading, listening to podcasts, etc...

-kaizen method (very small steps to the point of being effortless, but continuous, resulting in incremental growth)

-reward based (if I do this each day, I get to do that/have that)

-payoff based (similar to reward based, but a step further, where you tell yourself repeatedly "if I do this each day (practice meditating for example), it will result in fully obtaining or bringing significantly closer to my goal (to attain equanimity, to slow down my thinking process and life in general for example). Therefore reinforcing the "currency/payoff", the value of why you should make it a habit and how it will allow you to go after what you want most, leading to you adjusting your behavior to actually turn it into a habit.

-note taking so that you can revisit them often and hold yourself accountable

-mental daily checklist and/or point system (create a list of habits you want to work on daily and then at around the same time each day, run through which ones you've done thus far and which ones you still need to do).

The key factors to ultimately getting over the hump to instill positive habits + achieve lifelong goals...

Self Image Value + Beliefs

I strongly believe that your self image value as well as your beliefs have a HUGE part in whether or not you pursue and hold true to instilling new positive habits into your life.

Coming to the realization that your projected self image is not reality (and that many of your beliefs that have been built up since childhood aren't positively impacting you), but what is limiting you subconsciously and what you've created for yourself from collective experiences in your life.

Understanding that they can be changed to suit your ambitions more, and that you literally cannot even go after certain goals in life without the increase of ones self value as well as the rewiring of deeply ingrained beliefs.

Once you can become enlightened by this and make the mental change, you can then have a much better likelihood of forming new habits and achieving your aspirations.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
There's tons of content on this topic, but I'm curious to learn more about everyones unique ways of instilling positive habits into their lives.

Think about some of your core keystone habits that help make it easier to hold to and stick with all other habits that you've built up.

What did you do to ensure these actions turned into habits, how did you hold yourself accountable?

A few ways that I've learned from self-help book reading, listening to podcasts, etc...

-kaizen method (very small steps to the point of being effortless, but continuous, resulting in incremental growth)

-reward based (if I do this each day, I get to do that/have that)

-payoff based (similar to reward based, but a step further, where you tell yourself repeatedly "if I do this each day (practice meditating for example), it will result in fully obtaining or bringing significantly closer to my goal (to attain equanimity, to slow down my thinking process and life in general for example). Therefore reinforcing the "currency/payoff", the value of why you should make it a habit and how it will allow you to go after what you want most, leading to you adjusting your behavior to actually turn it into a habit.

-note taking so that you can revisit them often and hold yourself accountable

-mental daily checklist and/or point system (create a list of habits you want to work on daily and then at around the same time each day, run through which ones you've done thus far and which ones you still need to do).

The key factors to ultimately getting over the hump to instill positive habits + achieve lifelong goals...

Self Image Value + Beliefs

I strongly believe that your self image value as well as your beliefs have a HUGE part in whether or not you pursue and hold true to instilling new positive habits into your life.

Coming to the realization that your projected self image is not reality (and that many of your beliefs that have been built up since childhood aren't positively impacting you), but what is limiting you subconsciously and what you've created for yourself from collective experiences in your life.

Understanding that they can be changed to suit your ambitions more, and that you literally cannot even go after certain goals in life without the increase of ones self value as well as the rewiring of deeply ingrained beliefs.

Once you can become enlightened by this and make the mental change, you can then have a much better likelihood of forming new habits and achieving your aspirations.
Did you read the thread on Atomic Habits?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.