I have been researching financial independence and investing for a few months now and I’m a bit overwhelmed with all of the information out there. I have been looking at blogs like Dividend mantra, Dividend monk, Early Retirement Extreme and Mr Money Mustache and these sites have introduced me to investing strategies like dividend growth investing and index investing. I would just like to know out of these or if there are any others that are the best for achieving financial independence within 10 years, I have read that dividend growth investing is too slow if you don’t have a large sum of money to invest but I’m not sure if that’s true or not. Also it seems like the people who run these blogs are only focusing on how much only they spend and aiming for an income goal based on that, but for someone like me who wants to start a family I won’t be able to have my investments just pay my expenses. So I mean really I’m looking for the best investing strategy that will be able to pay me enough annual income to support me and my future family within 10 years. I’m 19 at the moment and looking to reach financial independence by the age of 30 (under 30 would be great if I could achieve that) as I feel that 30 is the right time to start a family and I don’t want to rely on a job to support them.
If anyone who’s aiming for financial independence or has already achieved it could shed some light on this I would really appreciate it.
If anyone who’s aiming for financial independence or has already achieved it could shed some light on this I would really appreciate it.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
