The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best Industries To Start A Business In The Next 10 Years?

FirstLawMotion

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 2, 2020
Canada
I know these kinds of questions are generally frowned upon, but I'm curious what you think is the best industry to start a business in the next 10 years?

Of course, the answer to this question is highly individual; depends on a person's skills, interests, etc.

But on a more general level, where do you think our world is headed? What industries will grow and dominate in 10 years' time?

During the dot-com bubble in the early 2000s, there were lots of opportunities to be found in starting tech companies.

During the rise of social media companies in the late 2000s, there were lots of opportunities for content creation.

What is not saturated today that will be saturated in 5, or 10 years? What industry offers an opportunity to be a first-comer and profit greatly?

I know these questions are not easily answerable and require nuance, but I'm brainstorming at the moment and I think it's an interesting topic to discuss.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Luke23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 29, 2023
I know these kinds of questions are generally frowned upon, but I'm curious what you think is the best industry to start a business in the next 10 years?

Of course, the answer to this question is highly individual; depends on a person's skills, interests, etc.

But on a more general level, where do you think our world is headed? What industries will grow and dominate in 10 years' time?

During the dot-com bubble in the early 2000s, there were lots of opportunities to be found in starting tech companies.

During the rise of social media companies in the late 2000s, there were lots of opportunities for content creation.

What is not saturated today that will be saturated in 5, or 10 years? What industry offers an opportunity to be a first-comer and profit greatly?

I know these questions are not easily answerable and require nuance, but I'm brainstorming at the moment and I think it's an interesting topic to discuss.
I look at it this way

90%+ of tech companies went bust / lost most of their value in the dot com bubble.

How many social media companies made it out alive, 3 to 4?

I would say if you are looking for the next industry to jump into, everyone is looking at the same thing.

For example, basically every energy company is now shifting towards renewable/clean energy, not all of these companies will be successful at it.

I personally think revamping something that seems dull is a better idea then trying to find the hot new industry.

Example of this would be the car industry, IMO, cars were reaching their peak in terms of design and engines, than Elon Musk came along and f**ked the whole industry up. The development of cars over the past 10 years is equal to the development of the previous 20 IMO.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Well right now it's blockchain tech (but that bubble also burst already) and even more right now is Ai things. If you can develop a useful Ai investors and consumers alike will throw their money at you.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

If you ask me, despite claims of saturation, I’d say digital marketing, lead generation, and thought leadership are great industries to get in.

It’s true, being successful will require solid skills. But what businesses WON’T require solid skills to succeed in?

The internet boom is still just at the start. Crypto, covid, and other recent changes will only ACCELERATE the influence the internet plays in people’s lives.

So in 20-30 years I’d say almost all businesses will have to rely in large part on the internet for their success. It is the lynchpin.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.