• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Best City/Country in Europe for Online Entrepreneur

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Fox, Mar 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Napoolion

Napoolion Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $279
    From Estonia. Haha, obviously I am biased. Might be not your thing at all. I am up for talking in Skype though, if you wish.

Kingmaker and RazorCut like this.
  2. Hijena1

Hijena1 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $450
    What are your criteria to meet if we can know a little bit more?

Prague is amazing, everything about that city is just top notch!

RazorCut likes this.
  3. Versari-ESI

Versari-ESI New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $6
    I know it is not as exotic as the other suggestions haha but Bristol has been named one of the top 10 cities for start up tech companies :)

RazorCut likes this.
  4. Knugs

Knugs Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,372
    What do you need from the country?
    -Are you living off savings and therefore looking for cheap living cost? e.g Romania
    -Are you looking for a hot tech start up scene with a lot of investments going around? e.g Berlin/ London
    -Are you looking to open up a business easily with little restriction e.g UK //def not Germany
    -Do you want low Taxes? e.g Ireland/ You wont get a visa for Switzerland
    -Do you want to be able to fly to anywhere from there? Big city hubs?
    -Some specific type of activity, on the water, beach, skiing etc.

Everyman and splok like this.
  5. László Károlyi

László Károlyi New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $61
    I moved from Hungary to Germany. I now live in Berlin for 8 years (going for double citizenship soon, if time allows). Progressive taxation is crazy in Germany, when you earn a lot of money. I calculate keeping 50% of my issued invoices, without VAT. Being in IT makes it worse as I don't have much business related expenses. EU taxation rules define that you'll have to have pay your taxes here if you have a residence here.

Berlin can be nice, but the 'diversity' also can be overwhelming at times.

Just adding my 2 cents.

Everyman likes this.
  6. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,882
    Ha! It's funny, for some reason, the other day I found myself reading your old thread before you moved to Mexico, you were super fussy then and you were adamant that you didn't want cold weather! What changed? :-D

It seems you are a lot more lax this time, I'd suggest moving to Spain so as not to waste all that Spanish you've learned :)

My favourite places in Spain are anywhere in the Granada region (including the city)... Granada's great, lots of lovely little towns like La Herra Dura, or Almun(y)eca if you want somewhere busier, plus if I remember rightly you love your rock climbing and that is pure climbing country, lovely cliffs, eagles, the lot.

It's funny because after going to Spain for the last 30 or so years, I recently stayed in a city for more than a day, for the first time, and I must say, I love Madrid. Bloody pricey, but I live in London so it's still cheaper, the food is amazing and you're surrounded by Spaniards, what's not to love?! :)

I visited Krakow recently, really, really, really loved it, however it was a week's trip so don't know if I'd recommend it to live... It's roughly 10x cheaper than London, so £5000 per month there is the equivalent of £50k. After going there I realise why so many Poles come to London, work like dogs for 2 years, then go back to their beautiful country to live like royalty.

If you want to go somewhere that's clean, efficient, always works and they speak English as well as their native language then get your a$$ on a plane to Deutschland... My preference is Southern Germany, the accent is so cool and laid back, almost Latin.

Ich würde in der nähe von Frankfurt oder Stuttgart bleiben :)

Or if you want to be right in the midst of the hustle and bustle, and you want to spend most of your income on rent, transport and tax, then come to London where you can hang out in the most multi-cultural buzzing city in the world... oh wait... Brexit... Lol, that's not gonna happen by the way... oops political, sorry!

Anyway, it's got its faults but London is great and it will probably only cost you twice as much to fly to Dublin as it would from somewhere much further away.

Everyman and Mutant like this.
  7. Dylan in Africa

Dylan in Africa Worldwide Educator Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $645
    Just returned from a week in Kiev. The overall vibe was much better than expected. Internet options are top-notch. Money seems to go a lot further in Ukraine... I imagine it would be even more enjoyable with warm weather.

Have you been to Tbilisi before? I've heard good things and am looking at checking it out in a few months.

Longinus likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.