The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Been heads down for about a year now..

DBXI

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 24, 2015
Ever since reading MJ's book about 12 months ago I've been on a rampage consuming business books, podcasts, blogs and working towards building our online ecommerce business. I've since been to China and have struck up conversations with business people which I would have never done before. I'll never forget that first sale May 17, 2016 and it's been non stop hustle ever since. I've learned to be a hunter and seek out what we need. I'm more assertive and confident than I was 12 months ago. I know what we need to do and I contribute much of that to applying what MJ talks about in his book and lurking here on the forums and reading all the great threads here. I still have entire pages of notes from the awesome Biophase threads which inspired me to get into the ecommerce game.

When I started I figured I'd be able to roll out of the 9-5 by now and ride out in the sunset. I was naive. I understand now building a real business takes time and a willingness to find a way to conquer each and every wall put up front of you. And believe me there are many. So I'm going to make time to network with fellow entrepreneurs. I've hit so many walls the last 12 months that I'm sure I can provide value and hopefully save someone time and money. If I would have reached out sooner to others rather than trying to grind it out all on my own we would be further ahead. It's hard to scale when trying to do everything on your own + working 9-5 + family + health + fitness. Finding people that can help with your weaknesses is huge. I don't have to be the expert in Wordpress, Plugin development, Facebook ads, Amazon sponsored ads, copy writing, graphic design, photographer, bookkeeper, accountant, legal, freight forwarding. Some things are ok to hire out and just sometimes the guys / gals you hire can do a better job than you on certain tasks.

I've found it's hard to take time to network with others when I feel like there are 1,000 more pressing things to be doing at any given moment. However, I've been looking at it wrong, because just recently I made one connection which has drastically improved our business. All because I put myself out there and wasn't afraid to interact with other entrepreneurs. I'm going to try my best to to get involved with business owners and help where I can. The best victories I've had lately have come from selflessly helping people, building relationships and those actions have repaid 10 fold. Hope to see everyone around more.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...