The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Becoming rich with a middle class mentality ?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Aryeh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020
I believe that those who grow up in a middle-class family have it harder and it is more difficult for them to achieve their goal of becoming rich.
Why? Because those who grow up in this way,being in a comfort zone where their needs and requirements are mostly satisfied,do not develop,at least initially,that hunger and desire to emerge typical of those who grow up in poverty.
In this case,what is to be done? How do you motivate yourself?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
You can remove comforts and the temptation to be comfortable.

You can sell your home, move to a new place, get rid of 90% of your possessions, start a business, risk everything in an investment, publicly announce your plans, quit your job, change career path, drop out of school, leave your circle of friends or family, etc.

Just one of these is enough to move you out of your comfort zone initially. Dealing with the newly discovered stress/freedom/responsibility can force you to think differently.

If you get a successful circle of friends, you will start to feel below average. If you then move beyond the concept of comparing yourself with others and measure your current self vs. your past self, you don't need to think in term of 'middle class' or any class. You don't need to label yourself in any way. You are either satisfied (in which case you can retire), or you still have things to achieve.

Being 'rags-to-riches' is not common. It is mostly a myth, and gets a lot of attention when it happens, just because it is rare and remarkable. Successful entrepreneurs seldom have a poor upbringing. If you are middle class in a developed country, you are rich by global standards. Not realizing this may be part of the 'middle class mindset' you speak of. Poor people may have great dreams, lots of hunger and grit, but they lack the abilities, connections, education and upward mobility of middle class. Realizing your fortunate position should motivate you.

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
I believe that those who grow up in a middle-class family have it harder and it is more difficult for them to achieve their goal of becoming rich.
Not just a middle class issue I think. I believe that those who don't know themselves or have any self belief regardless of social class, not just middle class, have a more difficult time achieving their goals in ANYTHING.

If you don't believe in yourself unconditionally or know yourself enough to be able to do so, when things get too good you may feel you don't deserve it and self sabotage until you get back to where you think you "deserve". Then you cycle through fighting for the reward and losing it all over again.
Know yourself better, earn self-respect and demand higher standard for yourself, and have bigger things to work toward. Nothing is more motivating than seeing yourself improve, cross out goals, and moving forward everyday

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Why? Because those who grow up in this way,being in a comfort zone where their needs and requirements are mostly satisfied,do not develop,at least initially,that hunger and desire to emerge typical of those who grow up in poverty.
I don't agree. I had money growing up, it only made me want to earn more and reach higher levels.

Many successful people came from money, and used the money to get even richer. Bill Gates an example, his parents used their high income to get him access to early computers, and training resources for this. As well as network opportunity to meet Warren Buffet.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

I think it all depends on the person. You can see two brothers that grew up in the same family and have incredibly different life paths.

Or imagine two brothers where one is in shape and ripped and the other one is fat and unhealthy. This isn’t due to upbringing, it’s due to the mentality of a person.

One may like to work hard and the other may just be lazy.

Uncle Mac

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 5, 2022
I think about it like being in the matrix, you have been a slave to the system of thinking. most of the time it takes some type of crisis to wake you up. I wanted to be free from the system that I was raised in. Pain can be a great motivator in your life.

Yogi_Fastlane

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 3, 2022
To become successful in Money, what is required? Mindset, Ability, Connections, Right timing, Work ethic.

As far as my understanding, it's not about the social class, it's a broad term Middle class is different everywhere, a person who's middle class in US will be considered insanely rich in a developing country like India.

I feel it's the exposure and the environment you live in, irrelevant of your social class if you spend time around business people who're doing very well, chances are unless you're exceptionally dumb you'll carve out a small business for yourself, if you're smart, you will go to the higher leagues faster, it's like a Game, the people who're passionate about making money go to these environments if it isn't there around them.

Comfort zone is the place which sets in if you're satisfied with the status quo, as @Eudaimonium pointed out, you need to get out of the comfort zone in order to create that environment which helps you make it into the business world if you do not already have the mindset.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I grew up middle class. It certainly is a factory for other middle class people, but you own your life.

The first thing to realize is that when you leave your family and become your own man, you are no longer middle class. You’re poor now. Their resources aren’t your resources anyway.

I see excuses in this post. Everyone can find them if they look hard enough. You don’t need to pick this one, or any of them, up. Play your game. Don’t seek to root excuses deeper or give them validation. It’s BS.

Rich upbringing- affluenza.
Poor upbringing- no resources.
Middle- the wrong mindset.

Who cares?

The people who get rich don’t pick up excuses. They have an internal locus of control. They happen to the world. The world doesn’t happen to them.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.