The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Become addicted to momentum

Anything related to matters of the mind

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I read this reply to a blog post by Shae Bynes on Good Faith Investing. I had to share.

Comment by ChrisBuysApartments
My 2 cents. Be addicted to momentum. Do not be addicted to outcome. When you become too addicted to the outcome, the setbacks become maddening. Then it is hard to get momentum again.

Momentum is your drug. Become addicted. When you are in that zone, things are just going to start popping. You are going to sound and feel like Gordon Gecko on the phone. Things are just going to happen. Your excitement and confidence will come through on the phone.

And when you experience the valleys of momentum, and you will, your number 1 job is to create momentum. Even if all of sudden nothing is happening, its a day where you say “sh!t, I have nothing going on, I dont know where to startâ€, your mission is to create motion. Call back sellers that were even vaguely luke-warm from months ago that you have not followed up with, just to be doing something. This reinvigorated momentum creates positive motion which will give you new ideas and confidence that you are moving in the right direction.

I can’t stress this enough. I wish someone gave me this advice years ago when I put away my 1st attempt at REI. I gave up and it was due to lack of momentum. I misunderstood momentum. I thought that things would always be popping, and when they weren’t I was so defeated. I did not realize that it is the defining moment of your success.

When there is no momentum it is your #1 priority to create it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
Thanks Bilgefisher, I think that post was just what I needed today.

It's one of those things that literally made me go "Well yeah, of course!" then after a brief pause to really think about it, I realized that I've been focusing more on outcomes, disguised as goals (I also have some real goals; the ones that give direction) than momentum.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I would only add what Mr Hemingway said about motion . . . (see below)

-Russ H.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I would only add what Mr Hemingway said about motion . . . (see below)

-Russ H.

Russ, great point. Momentum is forward progress towards goals, no matter how small. Motion has no direction, therefor has no clear destination.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I think it is important to sit down for a few minutes, come up with a list of small actions that you need to take, small tasks that you need to complete.

Once the list looks like something that could help you reach a small goal or two then go at it, start working on those items like crazy, feel the high of crossing stuff of your list. Then it is when the momentum will really carry you forward.

Or at least that is how I see it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.