The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Because I Can

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
i am afraid that people who never had any power or success won't use it the right way once they have it

why ?

let me explain

people who are frustrated won't enjoy success the same way that people who have always enjoyed success

first example :

lottery winners: most of the time , they lose all their money because they were frustrated so they spend money like crazy and they don't know how to manage money

second example :

nice guys who finally get good with women after years of humiliation.

as an author said , nice guys will take revenge by making girls cry with their new power

because they have been treated like s**** by life and women all their life

so they will use their new power like crazy for justice in their life.

and so on with thousands of examples : french,russian revolutions, civil wars, rape during WW2 etc.

the list is endless

once a frustrated guy finaly master a power , chances are he will use it in a wrong way : too much, too naive, revenge and so on

I am not saying none of that happens but you seem to be constantly "afraid".

The success of the lottery winner is an event not a process. The process toward success has a way of shaping and molding a person. The scars and life lessons make you a different person. It can be good or bad depending on the individual. Does that mean that no one should work on the process because of fear of misuse?

The case of the people seeking revenge, that is more about the individual than any process. There always have been vultures that will take negative advantage of situations. Those are not processes to success.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Somehow I've missed this thread all these years. The first few pages were hilarious. When I first joined the forum I was an idiot and I got berated by half the forum, but within the first month Vigilante gave me a personal phone call. We talked for 5 minutes or so, and his advice has been life changing for me. My wife has been able to stay at home with our son, and it's thanks to his advice. If you get advice from someone like Vig or MJ take it and run with it. If it offends you then you're in the wrong place.

Curious... WTF is your avatar? It looks like some kind of torture chamber.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Such a huge wisdom and gold hear. Time. Is. The. Most. Important.
I am so stupid. I have wasted so much time explaining, fixing pc n other bullsh*ts.

I will guard my time from now. Best gift I CN give Myself from this Legendary thread. @Vigilante and others thanks for the wisdom and the lessons.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I thought you guys and gals might get a kick out of a quick "fast lane" exchange I had today.

I stopped by my office, which is about a 9 iron away from Best Buy's corporate office.

Someone stopped by my office while I was there, and asked me if I would help them on something. Something that they... as an employee of someone else's company... was tasked with accomplishing. Could I have done it? Yep. Could they do it without my (uncompensated) help? Yep.

"Sorry. I'm leaving in 5 minutes and can't help you." I said.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"Home" I said.

"At noon? Why?" she asked.

"Because I can. That's the difference between you and me."

She knew exactly what I was talking about.

She looked at the decanter of Jim Beam Black that I keep on a shelf in my office.

"Why do you have that here?" she asked.

"Because I can. That's the difference between you and me. That decanter represents my ability to do what ever the hell I want. And you can't. And that's freedom to me." (I seldom if ever drink from that decanter, by the way. It's more symbolic for me than practical. But I can...)

She left, and went back to the cubicle that had been assigned to her by her employer.

I left, and went home and played with my 7 month old baby.

You could come back to the office 5 years from now... and either she or someone exactly like her will still be occupying that cubicle.

Blaze your own path.
That 7 month old baby is growing up. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!