MJ DeMarco
I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Be An Executioneer
by Derek Sivers
It's so funny when I hear people being so protective of ideas. (People who want me to sign an nda to tell me the simplest idea.) To me, ideas are worth nothing unless executed. They are just a multiplier. Execution is worth millions.
Explanation:
The most brilliant idea, with no execution, is worth $20. The most brilliant idea takes great execution to be worth $20,000,000.
That's why I don't want to hear people's ideas. I'm not interested until I see their execution.
—Derek Sivers, president and programmer, CD Baby and HostBaby
====
I'd also like to add, that a so-so idea with AWESOME execution is also worth millions. Your sweat to the grindstone is what turns ideas, even average ones, into millions. Snuggie anyone?
MJ
by Derek Sivers
It's so funny when I hear people being so protective of ideas. (People who want me to sign an nda to tell me the simplest idea.) To me, ideas are worth nothing unless executed. They are just a multiplier. Execution is worth millions.
Explanation:
- Awful idea = -1
- Weak idea = 1
- So-so idea = 5
- Good idea = 10
- Great idea = 15
- Brilliant idea = 20
- No execution = $1
- Weak execution = $1000
- So-so execution = $10,000
- Good execution = $100,000
- Great execution = $1,000,000
- Brilliant execution = $10,000,000
The most brilliant idea, with no execution, is worth $20. The most brilliant idea takes great execution to be worth $20,000,000.
That's why I don't want to hear people's ideas. I'm not interested until I see their execution.
—Derek Sivers, president and programmer, CD Baby and HostBaby
====
I'd also like to add, that a so-so idea with AWESOME execution is also worth millions. Your sweat to the grindstone is what turns ideas, even average ones, into millions. Snuggie anyone?
MJ
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
