The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Banshee Tales!

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Hi Fastlaners... Hadrian here founder of Banshee Apps, a small indie App company based in Dublin Ireland. So here it is my introduction and it's no easy tale.

To start I would like to personally testify right now as to Page 281 of Unscripted :

"Satisfying the Commandment of Time takes months, sometimes years, of nose to the grindstone effort. We're talking about ten hour days six to seven days a week demonstrated by the process principle ".

- 2016 -

So I had just turned 40 and everything was on track. I lived in a beautiful house with my own personal library. I was one of the top Sales people in my company and for the first time in my adult life I was completely out of debt. I had found the only girl I had ever wanted to marry and had the money saved for her engagement ring.

To give her the life I wanted I decided to turn a million dollar app idea I had into a reality, basically a tourist app based on a huge problem we were having, getting AirBnB guests to leave our very cosy house and go exploring.

I met with an old school-friend of mine who had created one of Ireland's most successful Fintech startups and was getting massive attention. He validated my idea and we met with his developer who loved my idea and offered to make an MVP for a very reasonable budget.

I then threw out a net looking for friends and colleagues to join this bold new adventure.
Two joined up. Our merry team of 4 was formed!

- 2017 -

Disaster!

12 Months later and I was alone, broke, on part-time hours at work, and living in a tiny little box flat with only my neighbours cat for company. My ex turned out to have Borderline Personality Disorder and her narcissistic abuse finally drove me out of our home into a tiny flat outside Dublin. My Schoolmate's developer basically messed us around for a year, took all our cash, and then disappeared. My old schoolfriend washed his hands of the matter. As for my team well with the developer gone that left three. One I had to fire as he was a rich kid and thought he could just throw in some cash and do no work. The other eventually quit as we had no results to show for all our efforts.

Game Over?

- 2018 -

After all of the setbacks I managed to rally myself, bring in an Italian Intern and my good friend Peadar decided to abandon his moderating on a Browser based Internet game and join me in getting Banshee Apps off the ground. We completed Irelands primary Entrepreneurship course "New Frontiers", joined an App development community "Bluecloud", and set to work on learning all about the app industry.

We started with simple based free quiz apps made on drag and drop software (Gamesalad/Buildbox) then moved onto purchased templates for paid Emoji apps as these were all the rage. We then moved onto Print on Demand turning our emoji designs into Stickers and Tshirts. We scored a number one hit in Ireland with our IrishMOJI Magic app and used that bounce to create a charity fundraiser app for Irelands largest animal charity the ISPCA. We used the bounce from this to land Irelands premier Life Coach (our version of Tony Robbins) and he is now providing the Meditation content etc. for our first fastlane project. Baby steps...

In essence none of these were Fastlane Ideas... but merely starter projects designed to teach us the ropes for this new industry, and how to take an existing idea and make it better. I write this to demonstrate that anyone can do this as I had no money, background or support and I was suffering from the crippling PTSD effects of Narcissistic abuse. But I had a singular stubborn determination!

As for now we intend to merge everything into one tidy automated machine and then leave them as "Legacy Systems" in cyber space to generate what revenue they can and cross pollinate our main Fastlane business.

Summer 2018: The launch of our first Fastlane Project, a Mental Health/Meditation app called "The Garden" which we hope will help one million people improve their lives! We've followed all 5 commandments to the letter and created a high quality Productocracy/Brand with our previous apps. I know we are playing in Apple/Amazon/Googles playground but its a necessary violation of the commandment of Control, one we should be able to navigate! We also hope our starter projects and experience to date will enable us to:

"Get Expected Value working for us, and drive those occurances higher!"

Will we Succeed? If luck truly is the "Residue of Engagement" well I think we're in with a shot... but only the market can decide that.

All we can say for now is Banshee Apps... for the WIN!
banshee_icon.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hi Fastlaners... Hadrian here founder of Banshee Apps, a small indie App company based in Dublin Ireland. So here it is my introduction and it's no easy tale.

To start I would like to personally testify right now as to Page 281 of Unscripted :

"Satisfying the Commandment of Time takes months, sometimes years, of nose to the grindstone effort. We're talking about ten hour days six to seven days a week demonstrated by the process principle ".

- 2016 -

So I had just turned 40 and everything was on track. I lived in a beautiful house with my own personal library. I was one of the top Sales people in my company and for the first time in my adult life I was completely out of debt. I had found the only girl I had ever wanted to marry and had the money saved for her engagement ring.

To give her the life I wanted I decided to turn a million dollar app idea I had into a reality, basically a tourist app based on a huge problem we were having, getting AirBnB guests to leave our very cosy house and go exploring.

I met with an old school-friend of mine who had created one of Ireland's most successful Fintech startups and was getting massive attention. He validated my idea and we met with his developer who loved my idea and offered to make an MVP for a very reasonable budget.

I then threw out a net looking for friends and colleagues to join this bold new adventure.
Two joined up. Our merry team of 4 was formed!

- 2017 -

Disaster!

12 Months later and I was alone, broke, on part-time hours at work, and living in a tiny little box flat with only my neighbours cat for company. My ex turned out to have Borderline Personality Disorder and her narcissistic abuse finally drove me out of our home into a tiny flat outside Dublin. My Schoolmate's developer basically messed us around for a year, took all our cash, and then disappeared. My old schoolfriend washed his hands of the matter. As for my team well with the developer gone that left three. One I had to fire as he was a rich kid and thought he could just throw in some cash and do no work. The other eventually quit as we had no results to show for all our efforts.

Game Over?

- 2018 -

After all of the setbacks I managed to rally myself in 2017, bring in an Italian Intern and my good friend Peadar decided to abandon his moderating on a Browser based Internet game and join me in getting Banshee Apps off the ground. We completed Irelands primary Entrepreneurship course "New Frontiers", joined an App development community "Bluecloud", and set to work on learning all about the app industry.

We started with simple based free quiz apps made on drag and drop software (Gamesalad/Buildbox) then moved onto purchased templates for paid Emoji apps as these were all the rage. We then moved onto Print on Demand turning our emoji designs into Stickers and Tshirts. We scored a number one hit in Ireland with our IrishMOJI Magic app and used that bounce to create a charity fundraiser app for Irelands largest animal charity the ISPCA. We used the bounce from this to land Irelands premier Life Coach (our version of Tony Robbins) and he is now providing the Meditation content etc. for our first fastlane project. Baby steps...

In essence none of these were Fastlane Ideas... but merely starter projects designed to teach us the ropes for this new industry, and how to take an existing idea and make it better. I write this to demonstrate that anyone can do this as I had no money, background or support and I was suffering from the crippling PTSD effects of Narcissistic abuse. But I had a singular stubborn determination!

As for now we intend to merge everything into one tidy automated machine and then leave them as "Legacy Systems" in cyber space to generate what revenue they can and cross pollinate our main Fastlane business.

Summer 2018: The launch of our first Fastlane Project, a Mental Health/Meditation app called "The Garden" which we hope will help one million people improve their lives! We've followed all 5 commandments to the letter and created a high quality Productocracy/Brand with our previous apps. I know we are playing in Apple/Amazon/Googles playground but its a necessary violation of the commandment of Control, one we should be able to navigate! We also hope our starter projects and experience to date will enable us to:

"Get Expected Value working for us, and drive those occurances higher!"

Will we Succeed? If luck truly is the "Residue of Engagement" well I think we're in with a shot... but only the market can decide that.

All we can say for now is Banshee Apps... for the WIN!
View attachment 19201
Welcome! What a story!
Congrats on the small, but sure wins.

Is the girl cartoon the actual mascot of Banshee Apps? Something tells me that there's a story behind the picking of the mascot, isn't there? :smuggy:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great intro and great to have another person here getting shit done!

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Welcome! What a story!
Congrats on the small, but sure wins.

Is the girl cartoon the actual mascot of Banshee Apps? Something tells me that there's a story behind the picking of the mascot, isn't there? :smuggy:

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the reply. Yes its been quite a journey. I didn't want to start posting here until I won a significant victory but I thought it would be useful to inspire others as well as try to win MJ to my cause! lol

As for the mascot well the sad truth is negative emotions can be just as powerful as positive ones for getting you into Process... Abe Lincoln was a low achieving lawyer until he got screwed over by girl too and went hell for leather in his 40's to achieve greatness! (There's a fascinating chapter on "Sex Transmutation" in "Think and Grow Rich").

Lastly while there's no shortage of Narc Males.. the Borderline/Narc/Histrionic females are usually the most beautiful/sexual/alluring predators of them all... and my mascot is a Banshee, who appears as a beautiful young girl... until they have you and they change to what they really are, a soul stealing dark spirit...

So ends the mystery of the Banshee Apps Mascot! lol

Last edited:

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Great intro and great to have another person here getting sh*t done!

Wow great thanks a million for the reply MJ.

It means a great deal to me to have your support and I'll update you as I get closer to launching my first Fastlane project, hopefully the MVP this summer. Right now I trying to put every piece of info from the "Kinetic Execution" chapters into action!

I literally sleep beside your two books as well as "Think and Grow Rich!".

I have a cool app idea I'll throw your way later in the year that will help us fastlaners get into process and become fully accountable!

Fun Times! :)

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Hey Hadrian, fellow Irishman checking in here.

How have things been going for you?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum. So glad to see you're in motion.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Celtic Whispers.jpg
Hey Hadrian, fellow Irishman checking in here.

How have things been going for you?

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for the mail. Honestly the journey is pretty gruelling... having no leverage means I'm at the mercy of everyone contributing content and helping me with various aspects of the business... but as MJ and Gary V say you have to eat shit until you you break through to the other side!

I'm based in Rathmines, Dublin. Hows about you?

As for Banshee Apps well our Garden app idea turned out to be too broad and expensive to develop as an MVP so we've stripped it down to a Celtic/Irish themed Meditation app called "Celtic Whispers" which required a few months research and work in its own right. I've about 90% of the content secured and we're starting development in December and hoping to launch in January 2019 on a budget of about 10-12000 dollars!

If we can secure funding or sufficient revenue from Celtic Whispers then we can get back to the Garden app which I intend on becoming the world's premier Mental Health themed Activity app!

Fun Times...

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
View attachment 22626

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for the mail. Honestly the journey is pretty gruelling... having no leverage means I'm at the mercy of everyone contributing content and helping me with various aspects of the business... but as MJ and Gary V say you have to eat sh*t until you you break through to the other side!

I'm based in Rathmines, Dublin. Hows about you?

As for Banshee Apps well our Garden app idea turned out to be too broad and expensive to develop as an MVP so we've stripped it down to a Celtic/Irish themed Meditation app called "Celtic Whispers" which required a few months research and work in its own right. I've about 90% of the content secured and we're starting development in December and hoping to launch in January 2019 on a budget of about 10-12000 dollars!

If we can secure funding or sufficient revenue from Celtic Whispers then we can get back to the Garden app which I intend on becoming the world's premier Mental Health themed Activity app!

Fun Times...

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm based across in Galway in my third of four years of Software Development in college.

Are you living completely off the business at this stage or is it a side hustle? At the moment I primarily make a living through copywriting but I'm moving more and more into the property/real estate field as opportunities present themselves.

How does your app generate income is it a pay to purchase, in-app purchases or ads?

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm based across in Galway in my third of four years of Software Development in college.

Are you living completely off the business at this stage or is it a side hustle? At the moment I primarily make a living through copywriting but I'm moving more and more into the property/real estate field as opportunities present themselves.

How does your app generate income is it a pay to purchase, in-app purchases or ads?

Very nice, very nice you must have read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" lol

I did my degree in Nuig (History.Soc@Pol), and finished in 2006. I set up the Palestine Solidarity Society and I hear they've been kicking a$$! I used to live above the Charcoal Grill Kebab shop... though my waistline certainly didn't thank me! :)

For me its a side hustle still... had a few pretty tough lessons learned... but our current apps emoji/Quiz apps and Merch: Stickers/Tshirts are just about learning the ropes and building a bit of a a brand. We're only making pocket money right now but our first fastlane project is launching in January with "Celtic Whispers". If it gets any traction I should be able to finally get onto our bigger projects! It'll be a subscription app targeted primarily at the 40 million Irish Americans!

Hey feel free to give me a shout anytime.. www.Bansheeapps.com as I've a killer app idea for the M50 ringroad which can't lose.. I just have it on hold as it has to launch on iOS and Android simultaneously! My Accountant and Bank manager are insisting I make it! lol

Have you any projects you're working on yourself?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...