The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

NEW B2B BUSINESS in a BOX

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
REDUCING THE BOX CONTENTS Now offering the B2B business as a stand alone business. FORGET ABOUT FRANCHISING THE BUSINESS — YOU CAN MAKE BIG PROFITS B2B without the legal hassles of franchising.

From comments received it has become apparent that members find the idea of setting up a nationwide franchise network daunting and most of those that have contacted me are put off by the legalities. For this reason I have decided to remove franchising from the box and offer only the B2B business which can be readily expanded nationwide without the cost of setting up physical branches.

Here is what The B2B business with the name PRECISION BADGES on its own involves:

Large Scale Importing and B2B Marketing of bespoke products in a niche within the vast Promotional Products Industry. According to the latest figures published by
The Advertising Specialty Institute the US market for promotional products in 2019 totalled $25.8 billion. Only a small share is needed in order to have a substantial business.

I am offering a clone of the business I started in 1988 and rapidly expanded by engaging commission sales representatives. By that means I soon had virtual offices right across Australia, and you can use the same expansion method in the USA. The Sky’s the Limit. ( Slight exaggeration – but I would aim for at least one in each state. )

Your PRECISION BADGES business will be among the very few in the industry in the USA
specializing in metal badges and related products.

Here is what I will provide:
  • BRAND NAME
  • LOGO
  • SLOGAN
  • SAMPLES of ADVERTISING MATERIAL
  • LIST OF PROVEN RELIABLE SUPPLIERS
  • DETAILED INSTRUCTION MANUAL
  • CRASH COURSE IN UNDERSTANDING BADGEMAKING
  • DETAILED UP TO DATE SURVEY OF COMPETITION
  • PORTFOLIO OF DIRECT MAIL LETTERS THAT CONVERT. The greatly reduced incidence of advertising mail arriving on an executive’s desk works to our benefit, making it much more likely that it will be opened. In fact the claim that Direct Mail is dead is an Urban Myth. The direct Marketing Association reported in 2020 that direct mail is booming, and in a recent response rate report, they found that 4.4% of B2B recipients respond. We have consistently achieved that kind of response.
  • SUPER NICHE within the niche. CORPORATE JEWELRY! Only 2 competitors. Two page supplement to Instruction Manual. We have great suppliers in Asia providing bespoke 14KT gold and Sterling Silver products including watches.
  • SUPPORT via email.
WHAT WILL ALL THIS COST YOU? I am willing to negotiate best offer starting at $65,000.
Closing date October 29.

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

maleek

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Aug 4, 2014
You started your business in 1988 so is it still going to work today?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
You started your business in 1988 so is it still going to work today?
True – 1988 was a long time ago, but I sold the Australian, New Zealand, and UK business rights in 2010, so my first-hand experience was not ancient history.

The promotional products industry has undergone little change since 1988 and is a big industry in all developed countries. The absence of change has resulted in so much complacency that product innovation has been almost non-existent, with printing on anything and everything being the main line of business.

Promotional products companies in the USA with a few exceptions are set in their ways and treat promotional products like commodities.

What else would you expect when they offer “30,000 different products with your company name printed” or if you are impressed by big numbers you could buy from one that offers “50,000 products with your company name printed”.

My on the spot research during visits to the USA prior to Covid has been very comprehensive and has found very few that specialize in metal badges. It also found an appalling lack of customer service.

The vast market in the USA is ripe for the picking. When one of the biggest companies in the industry has this on their home page: “We hope you’ll give us a try.” You will understand my confidence,

Walter

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
The vast market in the USA is ripe for the picking.
I should have explained this properly. Yes the annual market for Promotional Products is more than $25 billion, but in drawing attention to that I have left out something of great importance.

A very large part of the sales for the B2B business that will also apply in the USA is NOT PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTS. It consists of supplying various forms of labeling to the more than 1,000,000 manufacturing businesses In the USA. The labels I refer to are often brand labels and they are far more valuable than printed labels.

For example, high end domestic products often carry a brand label that costs 10 or 20 times as much as a quality printed label would cost. We have labeled factory machinery, autos, fork lifts, elevators, mattresses, furniture, tools, computers, watches, luggage, fine wine, footwear, cookwear, musical instruments, and hunting knives.

With more than 1,000,000 manufacturers the list of labeling needs is endless, but we don't want to offer run-of-the mill labels.

I suggest you see my thread:

How I started and built my B2B importing empire

but please ignore the franchisin references there. I woud welcome questions and you can either post here or PM me.

Walter

Dustinaitis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Apr 8, 2018
How much of the business would be what you call Corporate Jewelry, and how much capital would be needed for inventory?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
How much of the business would be what you call Corporate Jewelry, and how much capital would be needed for inventory?
Corporate Jewelery is truly the icing on the cake for this B2B business in a box. With only 2 competitors in the USA, emphasis on the sector could result in it becoming a substantial business in its own right. Profit margins can be staggering, largely because their prestige is involved and corporate buyers expect to pay high prices for Sterling Silver. On the other side of the equation the Asian suppliers that I know to be trustworthy quote prices that you will drool over.

This business will not be a jewelery company, being B2B, but the retail jewelery trade operates on huge markups so that when jeweler stores have 1/2 price sales they still make a big profit and that is an indicator of the margins available when supplying corporate jewelery.

Inventory requirements will be near zero unless you concentrate on the Education Sector. Also some clubs and associations like to use standard badges and a small inventory of these would be desirable to enable delivery within 24 hours. Even $5,000 worth of inventory will make that possible when supplying education, clubs, and associations.

Walter
P.S. Happy to answer more questions.

Last edited:

James90

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jul 2, 2019
Hawaii
Are you able to disclose a competitor?

I'm interested in learning more about the type of service or goods this sector provides.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Are you able to disclose a competitor?

I'm interested in learning more about the type of service or goods this sector provides.
The products supplied are lapel badges, keytags, letter openers, bookmarks, tieclips, cufflinks, watches, name badges, medals, medallions, coins, car badges, title badges, nameplates, belt buckles, instruction plates, security badges, identification plates, specification plates, and product brand badges including metal labels used on manufactured products. All are bespoke, with no inventory required.

I will send you some information via PM. It will include links to three competitors.

1. A company that advertises themselves as "Corporate Jewelers". In their range they offer PRINTED BADGES !!! They also offer items made of "pewter, brass, sterling gold fill..."
There is no such thing as Sterling Gold. "gold fill" is one of the terms used to describe gold plating, also known as rolled gold, but if used on pewter or brass it is just imitation jewelery.

2. A badge supplier that displays a good quality product, but in ignorance of the manufacturing process describes it with words copied from an Asian supplier. In doing so they seriously downgrade the quality because that description relates to a lower quality. Other competitors do the same.

3. This competitor claims to be the largest promotional products company in the USA. They print logos on many thousands of different products and the only incidental competition is printed name badges that pale into insignificance compared to our competitively priced gold plated name badges. Here is an example of their marketing skills: On their home page they say "We hope you’ll give us a try."

As a footnote I would add that by using my simple rapid expansion method you could operate from Hawaii and have "branches" in every state.

Walter

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I am in discussion with interested parties and my previously stated deadline for offers must be extended.

In view of the many obviously sincere questions being asked I have decided to not specify a closing date, but I will notify any serious contenders if and when an acceptable offer has been made.

I don't want to promote a bidding war and have to handle that, so I have decided that the first to offer the minimum price that I first posted ($65,000) will be the one to obtain this business.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.