The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to start B2B business on a low budget?

Idea threads

leohn97

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 4, 2022
I would like to start a B2B business, but all the ideas I see need a lot of money. I would like to know if anyone has any possible ideas for starting a B2B business on a low budget

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I would like to start a B2B business, but all the ideas I see need a lot of money. I would like to know if anyone has any possible ideas for starting a B2B business on a low budget
Absolutely. Get more money!

I know that sounds cliche, but when a problem presents itself an entrepreneur seeks to solve THAT problem instead of settling for what will likely be less.

That said, raising money is a matter of becoming someone worthy of investment. Remember investors aren’t engaging in charity. They’re not doing anyone favors. They are seeking a return on their investment. So, it becomes our job as entrepreneurs to orchestrate what they would consider a great investment. So, do everything it takes to become a good investment. You don’t need money to do that.

I have a B2B company and I started it with contacts and leadership and zero money… The problem came when I needed to finance large purchase orders on net terms. We work with what’s called a family office that can act quickly with us and help us carry purchase order paper on net terms.

Our partnership with a multi-billion dollar supply chain and access to enormous amounts of money to fulfill orders made this a business that could swing for the fences even with a small staff completing work remotely.

My total investment in this company was probably the check I wrote to open the bank account, my LLC, and my cell phone bill that I was already paying.

Last edited:

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
As @Kak said above, you don't need your own money. I will add one caveat, you can try and make deals where you pay AFTER you sell a product, it is called consignment. This means that a supplier would send you product and you market/sell the product. Only when you get a sale do you turn around and pay the supplier. If you can't sell the product, generally you send it back.

Generally, most suppliers would not want this deal, but you have make the deal worth while for them. Maybe the supplier is new to the market and they have to find a distributor willing to sell an untested product or maybe you have to pay them a larger percentage as they are holding more risk.

At some point though, obtaining capital is critical and must be done if you want to scale.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rörik

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 26, 2022
I recommend finding a way to basically rent some asset for yourself which you can turn around and sell and grab a commission on. Rent it after you've gotten paid, or if you can manage to just sell and market something without having it and then getting it from the other source.

But this requires there to be some gap somewhere and you not just being aware of the gap but being connected to the people, getting the deal and then being able to deliver the solution.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.