The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Azzholes!!

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
So I was at the local sports bar and grill last night, hanging out with some friends, watching the NCAA tournaments. I decide to leave and walk out to this.....

l_6f059491f77747f039c10f76e740ed71.jpg

l_537e8a04b09b0e0c3c42e466b247e872.jpg

l_2d0083c2f0f9a5b3220a4c5a40097568.jpg

l_e30008e0a2684446d3511db69d243470.jpg

Yes, some drunk douche bag hit my car and bounced like a punk! I remember parking next to a white truck, that's about it. I've had two cars broken into in the past, the anger and the sense of being violated are the same. At least be man enough to offer to pay my deductible!! I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!! If they are smart, they won't drive the same car up there tommorow night for the championship game.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Re: Assholes!!

Wow! I guess just sit where you can keep an eye on your ride. SUCKS!

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC

Wow! I guess just sit where you can keep an eye on your ride. SUCKS!

I'm surprised nobody saw it, I was parked right in front of the door. The manager and the two owners were sitting by the door most the night, they know what I drive. I know they would have said something.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida

:bsmeter:

suckage dude!

At least its just the fender

A long time ago a friend of mine did that to somebody's car. Only it was a lot worse. He was freaking cuz it wasn't his truck either. I even TOLD him he was to close.

What a dumbfuck.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ

reminds me of a long night at a strip club in phila many moons ago... I was privliged enough to have my car parked right in front only to have a drunk bachelor who was kicked out take his anger out on the first vehicle he saw ( my car....)

almost closing time my friend and I left the joint and when walking outside we saw cop cars surrounded a limo and the bachelor was cuffed after the bouncers witnessed the scene... I freaked when I saw my pretty car kicked in...

cop came over and told me the choice was mine if I wanted to file charges.... so then I made the bachelor an offer he couldnt refuse- spend the rest of his bachelor party in a phila holding cell or give me 2k cash.

his boys coughed up the cash and the car was later easily fixed, thankfully...

carlhuber

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 31, 2008
NY

I know that sucks a lot - when I was living in the city (Rochester) my car was broken into twice. Of course they didn't get anything - it's just a freaking Saturn. But I know the frustration (of having to replace windows).

But just take a deep breath, remind yourself it's just a car, people suck, the person who did it is probably shitting themselves in terror right now (pardon the language).

I sympathize, though. That sucks royal butt.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co

Might be opening a can of worms here, but they could very well have seen it. If it was a regular customer, chances are they wouldn't say anything. Might be worth going back and seeing if any while vehicles have red paint on them.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC

Might be opening a can of worms here, but they could very well have seen it. If it was a regular customer, chances are they wouldn't say anything. Might be worth going back and seeing if any while vehicles have red paint on them.

One owner is my next door neighbor, I've known him for 15 years. The manager is a good friend and I went to school with him. I would hope either one of them would say something. The other owner, I don't think, knows what I drive.

I'm one of the main regulars up there. I honestly don't think there is anyone else up there, that doesn't know what I drive, who they would look after first.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Yikes, sorry to hear about this. Kinda reflects the "integrity" thread we had going here last month. Not many people will own up.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
some people dont respect others property.

years and years ago my first car got hit parked outside a relatives house. I was driving her somewhere in her car and left mine there, when we got home the whole side of my car was caved in with the wheel well sitting on top of my tire. the car was totaled.

I looked around and tried to figure out what happened. there also was red paint on my car. I called the cops to report a hit and run, just as the cops arrived the chick from across the street pulled up in her red 4x4.

she gets out of her truck and comes over to us and said and I quote, yeah yeah I know but you shouldnt have been parked behind my f'ing driveway. I swear had she not been 6 months pregnant I would have knocked her out right then and there.

I was 100% legally parked and they had their driveway extended from 1 car wide to 3 cars wide. there was nowhere to park at the house I was visiting that wasnt behind her driveway!

to top it off the cop refused to charge her with hit and run because she came back. I was so mad. she came back to her house. Big deal! where else was she gonna go? she still left the scene of the accident with no note or anything.

Maybe call the cops and file a report or take out an ad in the newspaper looking for info about what happened. you may just get someone who saw something come forward.

I hope you can figure out what happened and make them pay to have your car fixed. If not then just try to be thankful the damage wasnt worse.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
I commented on this one on the other board, but again, Im sorry to hear. :( Its a shame that there are so many dishonest people in this world.

On another note..wouldnt you just LOVE to walk up on someone who was in the process of pulling away after hitting your car (someone who thinks no one was around or saw them do it). Id be ready to strangle them..lol. We all make mistakes, but part of life is that you own up to them. I have no respect for people like that.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Just last week, I was sitting in a parked car
(waiting for the hubby).
A grumpy old man got into the car in front,
slammed the door,
backed right into our car.
The man didn't even stop.

I got his license plate of course
but there was no real damage to our car
(good ol' Volvos with their rubber bumpers)
so we didn't report it.
Still a nasty thing to do.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Funny Story about "elderly" drivers...When I was about 13 years old, my buddy and I were sitting in the backseat of his Moms mini-van in the 2nd row of a bank parking lot, when we were jolted in our seats by a THUMP at the front of the car.

An old lady (EASILY 80+) in her giant Cadillac Deville had just backed out of the front row of the lot, and SMACK into the front of his Moms van. As we watched in amazement (still in shock as we came to terms that wed just been hit, keep in mind this was "exciting" for a couple 13 year olds, lol), the lady pulled foward and again attempted to straighten her car out in the row, and promptly BANGED into another car in the 1st row in front of us. LOL. She then attempted AGAIN to leave, but by this time she had attracted the attention of literally the ENTIRE shopping plaza, and every employee and customer in the bank came pouring out screaming at her to STOP.

To this day, I remember how confused and scared that old women looked as she got out of her car with a struggle. She really didnt think she had done anything wrong, so she just kept saying "Oh my" "Oh my" as people explained to her that the cops would have to be called as she had done damage to 2 different cars in the parking lot!

John

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 18, 2007
If you're friendly with the bar's owners they shouldn't mind if you hang up a few signs around the bar offering a reward for info on who hit you!

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Agreed. Start chatting with anyone who will listen the next time you are at the bar, and get the word out that there is a reward for anyone who can find the a*#hole.

Unfortunately, the longer it goes before you find the person, the harder itll be for anything to come out of it (meaning, the "he said, she said" dilemma), so make sure to work quickly! Hopefully, you called the police at least for a report so that if you DO find the person, they are aware of the situation and will remember that it was a hit and run.

Good luck.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
This is why you have car insurance. Don't let it bring you down -- just get the settlement, get it fixed, and move on. Dwelling does nothing for you in the long run ;) Anger is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

- Hakrjak

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
What is the repair bill?

'Cause I'll be perverse
(what else is new?)
and say... do you really want to waste more time on finding this guy?
Anybody who does a hit and run
isn't likely going to be the easiest person to get cash from.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
your damage doesn't seem as bad as what happened to mine. Fender, Bumper, Light, air-something that sits behind the light... I posted pics and video about it here in the forum back in January. I know the feeling.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
If someone happens to know some info, great. But I'm not going to spend a lot of time trying to find out who did it, I've asked around quite a bit already. Like kimber said, some body of this caliber won't fess up too easily and probably won't have money anyway. It's not so much the damage that makes me angry, it's the principle that some sorry piece of crap of a person would do that.

Bottom line is, someone was drunk and driving when they shouldn't have been(piece of crap). Otherwise they should have no problem finding me and exchanging information. They didn't want to get cops involved.

Now I have to cough up $500 out of MY pocket to cover the deductible for someone's stupid decision. It made me nauseas to walk out this morning and see what I view as someone giving me the bit "F YOU!!" and nothing I can do about it but ask around "who did it"?

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008

so then I made the bachelor an offer he couldnt refuse- spend the rest of his bachelor party in a phila holding cell or give me 2k cash.

his boys coughed up the cash

I love this strategy, Godfather.

When I've been wronged in the past and asked if I would like to press charges, I've never thought of that third option.
  1. Nah, innocent mistake.
  2. Yes, but drag me through a huge court battle and insurance bureaucracy to get paid.
  3. GET PAID RIGHT NOW!
I love it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.