- Joined
- Nov 28, 2022
- Messages
- 5
Rep Bank
$75
$75
User Power: 120%
Hello everyone. My name is Rob. I am 30 years old and discovered this forum through reading TMF and am relieved to have the possibility to learn from others. I think coming into the right mindset (i.e. seeing the sidewalk and slowlane for what it is) is an important first step and I'm glad to have gotten here. I know there are still many things to learn and am looking forward to filling in the gaps. I know one thing I struggle with for now is seeing opportunity the way entrepreneurs see it. I feel as if most businesses start from some kind of skill (such as a general contractor breaking away from his company to start his own). Having never found my "home" per se in my work experience (as I jumped to and from different industries), I hope that this won't be a hindrance. It gives me a sense of analysis paralysis to not having a starting point.
My question for anyone able to offer advice is how do you sift through and find ideas for starting a business if you don't have a determined starting point? What kind of resources do you use for doing this kind of research?
I'm not opposed to doing research and I'm not expecting all the answers to be given to me. I am more so looking to build a foundational understanding that can save me time reinventing the wheel. I look forward to being able to learn and grow with you all.
Thank you!
My question for anyone able to offer advice is how do you sift through and find ideas for starting a business if you don't have a determined starting point? What kind of resources do you use for doing this kind of research?
I'm not opposed to doing research and I'm not expecting all the answers to be given to me. I am more so looking to build a foundational understanding that can save me time reinventing the wheel. I look forward to being able to learn and grow with you all.
Thank you!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
