The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Autism

foundTheSums

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 20, 2023
Anyone else an autistic entrepreneur/on the journey? Any advice or discussion topics that you would find relevant to working past the challenges of being autistic including executive dysfunction and social struggles?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I might be autistic. I'm not sure. The thing with autism is that its subjective if its not obvious. Both men and women can get really good at hiding their autism. Yes, there are tests, and no experts do not agree on what constitutes autism. I know of one doctor that would diagnose me as on the spectrum. I'm sure there are others that would not. What I do know is that autism fits a lot of my issues, even if no one in my life would identify me as autistic.

What I've figured out for myself is that I *need* to partner with people who don't have my deficits. I can't sell. Well, I can, but compared to people that can really sell, I can't. I'm also not great at deciding what to do next during the day.

As a result, in my new project, my partner is really good at sales, and my wife helps me figure out what to do during the day.
I've spent years trying to fix my deficits. That hasn't worked for me.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
I do have OCD so it wouldn't be a big stretch to say that I am definitely on the spectrum somewhere.

However it's not who I am as a person, and you shouldn't let conditions be an excuse or a crutch for being inadequate.

Play to your strengths, and find people who are good at anything you're lacking in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.