The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Authors: I'd like to buy your book

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
Hello,
I am looking to buy the 'use' of a (very probably more in the near future) book. Essentially I would like to use it as part of a language education series I have.

This is suitable for someone who has a short book that they wish to make a little extra from. Obviously if it's selling tons you will not be interested. I'm more interested in the language/syntax etc than the story really (though a decent story is a bonus).

I am particularly interested in 8-12000 word romances etc. But non fiction is fine too.
I will pay you a one off fee. From $100
You will still own the book and can still sell it yourself. I will just have use of it for an agreed upon purpose. (I can change the title if you like).

If you are interested then please pm me and I'll happily provide you with more details.

Thanks very much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Language series, like teaching people how to speak a certain language.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
This is just my observation from learning dutch, but the only stories that really have any effect right now are children's books because they're simple words. And the dutch has to be translated. If I just pick up a dutch story the words have a meaning and if you don't know the words it's really is just looking at a bunch of words. I feel it's a nice idea, but depending on the language, it's kind of like starting over from kindergarten until you learn a lot of vocabulary to really understand a story from start to finish if it's at certain grade level.

I just have a difficult time understanding what people are saying out loud, translating the words and meanings in my head, and delayed for a few minutes to figure out what people are saying. English is like long hand and dutch short hand. While I've only messed around with it so far, and don't actually start the class until January, I can tell you it takes a lot to reinforce the meanings especially if everything you read in the world is mostly English.

I have read some kids books if they're translated and trying to figure it out, but than you have to remember in some countries like the Netherlands they have dialects and that screws a person up too. And I tried to translate with Google some of my writings, and it doesn't come out right in another language, so I hope people don't do this, because the meaning can be terribly off.

I would elaborate more what you're trying to accomplish here, because while it may seem simple to teach another language, I think you really have to ask students whether it's really something that his helpful or confuses them more. Like how far along are they in there learning? What reading and comprehension level? What part of the population? Children or adults?

Seems you'd be better off going to fivver or some author site to find what you're looking for in the genre and age group you're trying to serve. I am a writer, but I already have the same idea once I am fluent enough and see what worked and didn't work myself. And a good way to learn is what is already out there, and what is working and not working for people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
Hi mattie, thanks for your reply. I'll send you a pm with details, but this is basically the base material for a language reader, we publish all levels but mostly just for adults.

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
I am particularly interested in 8-12000 word romances
I'd also be very interested in reading an 8 word romance.

... f-for science.

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
I'd also be very interested in reading an 8 word romance.

... f-for science.
That's the shorthand for 8000 to 12000 , at least it is over here...but I assume you're joking.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007