The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Australia to Vegas to SC...

leighstjohn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 20, 2013
Hi all and thank you for all the wonderful posts I've been reading...

Originally from Australia, I moved to the States at the beginning of 2007 - I moved from right on the water to the middle of the desert... I've just decided that's God's warped sense of humor in telling me that "I want to move to the US" wasn't specific enough! LOL!

Well, I'm currently in Mount Pleasant (Charleston) South Carolina (I LOVE IT HERE!) on a road trip (partly to escape the heat of Vegas, but mostly just to escape Vegas!)...

My primary business is the development of senior guides across the country, with our original and flagship being Nevada Senior Guide (Nevada Senior Guide), started by the fabulous Megan Mathis.

I look forward to getting to know you and to participating where I can in this wonderful forum.

God bless...

Leigh

Leigh St John

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to our little ark in a flooded world.

leighstjohn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 20, 2013
Thanks, MJ.

I cannot count the number of times I have quoted your CENTS formula to people (clients and friends alike) and am actually very good at giving you the credit (while sending them to my Amazon affiliate link to get your book, of course... LOL!)

In all seriousness, it is actually the most succinct and powerful piece of business advise I’ve ever read (and I used to teach for one of the world’s top business schools so I have a small amount of credibility to comment on the competition).

Thank you...

I made the mistake of omitting the C in my last venture that (very recently) cost me $320K...

So now I am on a mission to keep my amazing team employed and to turn this around... My current project meets all CENTS criteria so I know I’m off to a better than average start...

Thank you again...

God bless

Leigh

Last edited by a moderator:

scatterbrain

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Aug 23, 2012
Hi all and thank you for all the wonderful posts I've been reading...

Originally from Australia, I moved to the States at the beginning of 2007 -

did you get a work permit to work here? im just asking coz ive been trying to emigrate to Australia and/or New Zealand forever without success(very hard for Americans to get work visa if you are not skilled in a trade). anyway much luck to you. i live in southern North Carolina only a couple hours away, so if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask

leighstjohn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 20, 2013
Hi scatterbrain, yes I have an E3 visa - it's part of the free trade agreement between Australia and the USA.

I know a reasonable amount about moving from Australia to the States, however nothing about moving the other direction - sorry...

Wish you all the very best with your goal!

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
Mount Pleasant, SC is a nice area. My neighbor's son and family live there and my neighbors drive down to visit about 5 times a year.

I will be down in Hilton Head, SC to visit my grandparents that live down there in about 3 weeks.

Sounds like you have a good business going. Good luck in growing it in that area!

leighstjohn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 20, 2013
Thanks, Yankee427!

Actually, I'm here simply because I love it here... We are growing the business right across the country online - I haven't physically reached out to any of the 'locals' here yet...

What's your business model?

Btw, I almost called in to spend a day or two in Hilton Head on my way from Savannah but alas I went another direction...

Enjoy your family time!

God bless...

Leigh

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...