The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Audit my concept, friends. Campground / Paintball / Alpacas / Farm Market

Idea threads

Boker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Dec 27, 2021
Hey internet I’m working on a wholesome family vacation business idea and need some feedback and constructive criticism from internet friends. More info on website but primarily it will be a homesteading themed campground with cabin rentals, farm animal & alpaca petting zoo, unique paintball / airsoft field, and farmers market for local south jersey farm products / "farm to table" cafe. Trying to make the whole operation very crypto friendly to court the bitcoin crowd , will also double as an event hosting location and hosting corporate "team building" paintball retreats and events of that nature. Almost finished business plan and financial projections for angels

Tear it apart, I really appreciate constructive criticism, helps me refine the concept bouncing it off internet lads. It is to be constructed in South Western New Jersey convenient located between Philadelphia PA, Atlantic City NJ, and Wilmington DE.

TL;DR - any suggestions on how I can improve a concept vacation business for campers, paintball/airsoft crowd, & animal lovers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 34FF2E85-81C4-4461-84F4-3D1FF2AEDEE3-1024x576.jpeg
    34FF2E85-81C4-4461-84F4-3D1FF2AEDEE3-1024x576.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 9415D4B5-910A-4880-8A2C-9BA29D80A9F2.jpeg
    9415D4B5-910A-4880-8A2C-9BA29D80A9F2.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 6
  • GoldShire logo v2-horizontal.png
    GoldShire logo v2-horizontal.png
    689.7 KB · Views: 5
  • GoldShire-logo-v2-1024x1024.png
    GoldShire-logo-v2-1024x1024.png
    712.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3558.jpg
    IMG_3558.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 5
  • MadCowPaintball_home_09 (1).jpg
    MadCowPaintball_home_09 (1).jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Pasted File at December 27, 2021 5_35 PM.png
    Pasted File at December 27, 2021 5_35 PM.png
    225.3 KB · Views: 4
  • permeable-cobblestone-paver-pure-paves-permeables-a00416_05_212-hdr_ppt.jpg
    permeable-cobblestone-paver-pure-paves-permeables-a00416_05_212-hdr_ppt.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 4
  • producebannerforhome-1.jpg
    producebannerforhome-1.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 7

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Sounds lovely. Do you plan on doing/ hosting weddings?

Boker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Dec 27, 2021
Sounds lovely. Do you plan on doing/ hosting weddings?
unnamed - Copy.jpg

Apologies, the most important picture for some reason did not load. This is not final but it gets the idea across, this photo has an old render of the central commercial area.

My friend, to answer your question, yes I want to aggressively market to weddings.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Looks amazing. Are paintball tournaments a big thing, could you do like the New Jersey Championship or something of that sort.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Sounds cool man, I’d be worried about trying to be too many things to too many people, maybe start with one core focus in terms of market and then see who turns up and expand from there when the market starts telling you what sort of people want to come and what they want to do.

I think you need to pick and focus on either families, weddings or team building and go from there, all of these are big enough markets on their own.

suvv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Dec 12, 2015
Not necessarily a bad idea, however: don't forget that some businesses are really just full time jobs in disguise.
An excerpt from TMF :
c41630a7ec4429acdb69ae065d83d7ac.png

Boker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Dec 27, 2021
Looks amazing. Are paintball tournaments a big thing, could you do like the New Jersey Championship or something of that sort.
Thank you, my friend. Yes both paintball and airsoft have very large following, I actually want to install 4k go pro type cameras on poles in the field and record / livestream clips and events, so that would go hand in hand with your idea as far as marketing is concerned. So viral potential.

Boker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Dec 27, 2021
Sounds cool man, I’d be worried about trying to be too many things to too many people, maybe start with one core focus in terms of market and then see who turns up and expand from there when the market starts telling you what sort of people want to come and what they want to do.

I think you need to pick and focus on either families, weddings or team building and go from there, all of these are big enough markets on their own.
That is very smart, I just snuck in weddings because someone asked and it COULD be done, but you are right better to pick a niche and honestly the one I am aiming for is the crypto bros. I really want to make payment processing integrated with coinbase to make things convenient for crypto payment processing.
Im finishing up the business plan and financial projections now, but certainly it can be constructed in phases, having the cabins, camp sites, and commercial area constructed first and going ROI+ before expanding to the field construction if investment does not allow initially. However, the cost of constructing the field pales in comparison to the main campground, especially because my main business I am a landscaping & hardscaping architect and have a bunch of arborist buddies who can drop off raw massive chunks of trees. Debarking them and coating them with epoxy resin to make a glass like surface, paint will never stain, always pristine after a rain. My plan instead of getting inflatable rubber bunkers to build most of the bunkers out of raw lumber coated in epoxy resin. Saving a ton of money doing it this way and its rather unique. The paintball field is called "The Lumber Yard" - branded seperately. Pic included
Lumber-Yard-Paintball-Field-logo-1024x922.png

Boker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Dec 27, 2021
Not necessarily a bad idea, however: don't forget that some businesses are really just full time jobs in disguise.
An excerpt from TMF :
c41630a7ec4429acdb69ae065d83d7ac.png
Hey man, to clarify yes I will actually be living here 24/7 tending the animals and farm. My landscaping company will build all the paver walkways, fences, greenhouses, and landscaping. My E-commerce business will build the digital side of the farmers market. This business blends all my other businesses in some way. It's what I love, I wouldnt have it any other way having to be there literally 24/7. With all that being said when its at full capacity would need a ton of employees, also I designed it modularly so can easily be expanded and the plot in south jersey I found is 80 acres , so plenty of room to expand.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
How would Covid play out in all of this? Seems your business could suffer if the Govt continues it's tyranny. Your business income could fluctuate depending on the latest mandates now and into the unforeseeable future.

Boker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Dec 27, 2021
How would Covid play out in all of this? Seems your business could suffer if the Govt continues it's tyranny. Your business income could fluctuate depending on the latest mandates now and into the unforeseeable future.
That is very true, my friend. Damn coof tyrants, especially in Jersey. But it is an outdoor action sport where everywhere wears masks anyway, and even if they tried some crazy 1984 lockdown over the coof, cabin rentals would be the main revenue source.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
That is very true, my friend. Damn coof tyrants, especially in Jersey. But it is an outdoor action sport where everywhere wears masks anyway, and even if they tried some crazy 1984 lockdown over the coof, cabin rentals would be the main revenue source.
Well, aside from the Covid risks I think it's a pretty cool idea. I'd love to watch as this thing progresses.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.