The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Atlanta Metro Meetup?

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
So, I know that there are quite a few metro Atlantans on the forum, and I was curious about whether you'd like to try to do some sort of informal meetup (nothing like a conference or anything).

If it works out, maybe it can occur semi-regularly.

If there is any interest, I can put it together.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

klm79

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Mar 25, 2014
I'm in!

Sounds great....I'm in Buckead...where are most at?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
In...... Woodstock......

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I'm outside the perimeter (west), but I'll meet in any area. So far (excluding Savannah :) @ZCP, is the Galleria/Smyrna area too far from Woodstock? It's been forever since I've driven up that way...

Anyone else interested in something like this?

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
I may be in town Thursday and Friday if anyone wants to get together.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
@Get Right are you in town often? I think it might be too short notice to put something together (even small) in just a couple of days.

Is anyone on the north/east side of town? It might look like the 75/285 area is a good spot.

Any thoughts on what you would want the format of a meetup to look like?

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
I am in ATL every 2-3 weeks. Happy hour style? Vining's Social, Marlow's Tavern?

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I am like 4 hours away... you have no idea how much I want to come... what day are you thinking? if its on a weekend I can maybe make it, I cant make that trip by myself... I would have to get a motel too... I would totally do that tho!

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Why don't we try for a "happy hour"-type gathering just to start off, and then, depending on interest, we can see if we can pull off a bigger one or two day meetup later on?

I was just reading through another meetup thread on here, and they did a late-afternoon on a Saturday time. (Like 3:00 p.m.). Simple introductions, some ice-breakers, etc, and then got to talking about different projects, etc.

I haven't been to Marlows in a LONG time, but I do remember them having a seriously killer burger. Do you think it's quiet enough for talking, etc?

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
Why don't we try for a "happy hour"-type gathering just to start off, and then, depending on interest, we can see if we can pull off a bigger one or two day meetup later on?

I was just reading through another meetup thread on here, and they did a late-afternoon on a Saturday time. (Like 3:00 p.m.). Simple introductions, some ice-breakers, etc, and then got to talking about different projects, etc.

I haven't been to Marlows in a LONG time, but I do remember them having a seriously killer burger. Do you think it's quiet enough for talking, etc?

That works for me, Saturdays are the best for me.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
sweet! if theres good food then I am good... I am a philly girl so it takes real good food to impress me... :) I don't drink but I don't care where we go... and I am a fairly loud person so everyone will hear at least me! LOL

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Are there any others near north Georgia? I want to make sure to give anyone who might be interested plenty of time to notice the thread - feel free to tag anyone that you know of in a post here.

@Get Right when is the next time you'll be in Atlanta? I was trying to see if we could work it out on the 19th (so @bensonj could potentially come before she moves), but it might be too soon for those of you who live a little further away.

If the 19th doesn't work, what about May 3? Or if anyone has a preference, speak up :)

K/P

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 30, 2014
ATL
Definitely interested, I'm in Inman Park. I've scoured the Atlanta Meetup.com business/marketing/mastermind meetups, and couldn't find what I was looking for. I'll even make the long, grueling trip OTP if need be : )

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
@Get Right when is the next time you'll be in Atlanta? I was trying to see if we could work it out on the 19th (so @bensonj could potentially come before she moves), but it might be too soon for those of you who live a little further away.

Ok - I am 90% on the 19th. Have to do some Easter family negotiating :)

gotbalz

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 2, 2010
New Yawk
Did you guys ever get together? Im new to Atlanta and looking to Network with some like minded entrepreneurs!

lovetravelbass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 3, 2015
I'm in Atlanta as well!

Would April 19th work for anyone? I saw posters above mentioned Marlows.

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
I live in Cumming, about 30 mins from Atlanta and would be interested as well. I see this thread has somewhat died but there looks to be decent interest, perhaps we can do a poll to see what day is best for everyone then pick a date? This month is totally jacked up for me so I could only do it on Sunday-Monday unless it was around 12:00pm then I could do pretty much any day. Next month will be better hopefully for my schedule.

MooreMillions

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 16, 2008
Atlanta
I am uber late, but I'm interested up to it happening, if it is still in play.

I move between the West and Southwest sides of Atlanta, but know the city top to bottom and side to side, rather thoroughly.

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
BUMP

Don't know if this meetup ever happened but I am willing to set up another (Find Location and Suitable Times) will any of you guys/gals be interested in doing another meetup sometime in July(MID). If so let me know some dates you are available and lets get together!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.