The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are You Still Sleeping?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
It's Christmas Eve morning. Slowlaners are happy to have a "day off." Many are still asleep, with visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads.

10625095_10205058999267110_2076301293010526802_n.jpg

I was in bed at 6AM. Logged into the forum from bed, on my iPhone. Then a realization kicked in.

I was being out hustled. By someone whose 2014 results... were better than mine. A friend of mine was on the forum late last night, updating you all on his Shark Tank success. He was then back on the forum this morning. Christmas Eve. While many of us were sleeping. He was already in the grind. Working on tomorrow. Making things happen. @Likwid24 was up and at it before I was. This is part of his secret formula. He doesn't take time off even when he takes time off. He's going to extraordinary lengths today so that tomorrow, he can live like nobody else can live. A few years from now, he'll have the beach lifestyle some people only dream about. But today? Today he's up before the dawn. He's logging Michael Jordan's 100,000 shots. He was kind enough to chronicle a glimpse of it for you last night.

I was talking with @AllenCrawley yesterday about 2015. Allen had a hell of a year, as many of you know. However, it's not time to pop the champagne just yet. Right now, while everyone else is sleeping, it's time to kick 2015 into gear. New plans, new items, new venues, new strategies. One step ahead. Then two steps ahead. Then three. These quiet moments, when everyone else is catching their breath. When everyone else is counting their Christmas sales. When everyone else is... well... sleeping. Now is the time to lengthen the lead.

I got quickly out of bed. Grabbed a sugar free rock star, and turned on the Christmas tree lights. In the glow of the Christmas tree against the dark morning is where I sat down to knock this post out. I am now off to work on my business. I'll be damned if anyone is going to outflank me starting today and into 2015. My competitors are sleeping. I hope you are up, rejoicing in the season, and looking at how 2015 is going to be different for you. I hope you got up before @Likwid24. I hope you're making things happen while everyone else is sleeping.

One thing @ChickenHawk says that should affect you even if you are not a writer. You must write faster.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
That's a wonderful concept. I keep being asked why I keep reading fast lane. This is one of those reasons. We're not your ordinary folks that think small, and I find it difficult at times when someone thinks researching, creating a business, and writing is not working and I'm being lazy because I'm not physically working forty hours. And I feel the resentment coming on, because I'm not exactly there yet, and somehow this is the easy life. Illusion being that hardwork is just showing up for work and working for someone else versus re-inventing yourself, sacrificing all your free time, relationships, television, game playing, and all that jazz ordinary people do. And so I come here to remind myself the more I work when they're resting and sleeping, one day I will be my own boss, and probably have an different lifestyle. It also reminds me of what M.J. said, No one understands the process until they've done it themselves, and it is much more than showing up for a job every day and doing repetitive skills. There's so much to unlearn, learn, apply, trial, and error, growth and development, one of those things is learning that even during Holidays you still work. :)

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Been up since 4am. Mind you I may have had two excited children sleeping literally on my face by the Christmas tree this morning but awake I was, thinking of my business plans for January :)

I had the best business year to date, learned an absolute ton but I still feel it was a restrained year - despite successes across the board I feel like I can (and will) do better in 2015. I'm getting better at setting goals and staying focused and reaching outside my comfort zone. This year I spent $16k on a SINGLE ORDER from a supplier without batting an eye (okay, maybe it twitched for but a second). That's more than my car cost and more than the downpayment we put on our family home. But it worked out and the world didn't end but it still feels like I could have done MORE!

Hit the next marker or waypoint, smile, then keep going. Those goal posts aren't rest stops, they are just a hand to slap and a face to smile at as you keep going to reach the next one further down the line.

Kid Money

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 1, 2012
Its post like this that fire me up and give further validation that going the extra mile and striving for more than the next guy, does in fact almost always pay off in the long run.

Every time you post I bring the notebook out and its kind of funny that you posted this because I have not slept tonight. The past 7 hours I have been reading "cashvertising" and have over 30 pages of solid notes just from this book that I will be laminating and putting in my Importing Bible. Most people would rather watch a snail race. 2 of my 9 samples should be arriving today and I cant wait. Your strive to get better and advance is quite like mine.

One thing I have learned about even my own income, if you cant enjoy life, freedom, be happy and separate time from money...You might a well not try at all. Either way, happy holidays and I hope 2015 is the year you accomplish everything you set out to accomplish. Cheers!

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
You missed my presentation last year. One big point I made was to do something EVERY SINGLE DAY. Even if it's one thing. One thing usually leads to more things and before you know it, you've accomplished a few more tasks that lead you to your main goal. And it doesn't matter whether it's a holiday or not.

On a holiday you can read or do some research on your industry. Everything counts.

Now get to work!!!! [emoji12]

Happy Holidays to all and Happy New Year if I'm not back on the forum this week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even Steven

tumbling down the learning curve
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
Up at 6:30 this morning for coffee with the wife. Spent some time meditating, took a shower, got breakfast for the kids. Sitting down now to work on my website.

Happy Holidays!

@Likwid24, I saw your post last night. Very cool stuff. I haven't read through that whole thread yet, but I added it to my bookmarks last night. What's funny is that I painted my back deck this past summer, and as I was watching the info video on your site, all I could think is how handy that would have been. Kudos, man!

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Stayed up late wrapping presents so there would be some time to work this morning. Early mornings are often the most productive. Great post @Vigilante ..... Cool that you were inspired by @Likwid24 , so you got on here to inspire others.

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
Early mornings are often the most productive.
I think so. My lady friend is a nurse, and she...we....wake(s) up at 5:30am, even on weekends and holidays. It's a blessing in disguise because I never miss the most productive period of the day and the consistency reinforces that good habit. But for my sanity's sake, I take an occasional break to catch my breath and remind myself that it's okay to relax. Good times are around the corner...

2wokbvl.jpg

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Cool photo

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
The good news for those who slept in...

If you're reading this thread on The Fastlane Forum, then you still have a chance to awaken.

Will you keep dreaming? Or will you wake up and bring your dreams to life?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I get a lot of work done during the holidays. I've launched new businesses on Christmas day. The beauty to us is that Christmas is just like any other day for us. We don't need holidays or any other reason to tell us not to work. We work holidays so that we don't need to work every week day.

RMarques

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 20, 2013
Toronto
mo·men·tum
noun \mō-ˈmen-təm, mə-\
  • the strength or force that something has when it is moving
  • the strength or force that allows something to continue or to grow stronger or faster as time passes
  • the property that a moving object has due to its mass and its motion

Don't let a holiday slow you down.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Woke up at 7:00 am, I'm on holidays from university but not on holiday for business. Checked my email at 7:00 am to find my supplier has shipped my private labeled iPhone 6 cases to amazon FBA. Can't wait to get this new brand off the grounds.

I do what others won't today, so that I can do what others can't later on.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Why I stopped celebrating holidays. After being away in far off lands for the past 5 years, Christmas, my birthday, new years, etc. don't really mean much anymore. It's just another day.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Why I stopped celebrating holidays. After being away in far off lands for the past 5 years, Christmas, my birthday, new years, etc. don't really mean much anymore. It's just another day.
Lol, funny you mention birthdays.

I'm 20, I completely forgot it was my birthday this year... I wake up on June 15, get my work done as usual. Get a text at about 10:00 am "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!", that's when I realized, oh shit.. it's my birthday today.. *oh well - get's back to work*

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Completed a key step in a big project today...... have been trying to get to it to get it done for 2 months!!

@Vigilante should create an app that has an alarm set for 7am on all holidays that says 'get your a$$ up and get to work!! Work today and you are closer to not having to work at all!'

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Was up at 5AM today.. just like any other day.
By 12PM my company hit a milestone.
I framed and hung the document on my office wall.
Merry Christmas to me and MoneyDoc.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I get a lot of work done during the holidays. I've launched new businesses on Christmas day. The beauty to us is that Christmas is just like any other day for us. We don't need holidays or any other reason to tell us not to work. We work holidays so that we don't need to work every week day.

My friend to me - "It's saturday, go do something!"

"I'm working."

"But it's saturday!"

"Yeah, that's how it goes. Work when others don't, and not work when others work too."

"Heh... I hope to be like that one day."

Also to piggyback Likwid, the easiest formula to success is simply "Do something for your business each day." No matter how small, as long as it's in the right direction. There is a thread on a car forum I belong to that says "What did you do for your <car brand> today?" It is a great question, because like any great questions it presents a good model for answering that question. So, put this on your desk. "What did you do for your business today?" I also have "What did you do for your fitness (health) today?"

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Also to piggyback Likwid, the easiest formula to success is simply "Do something for your business each day." No matter how small, as long as it's in the right direction. There is a thread on a car forum I belong to that says "What did you do for your <car brand> today?" It is a great question, because like any great questions it presents a good model for answering that question. So, put this on your desk. "What did you do for your business today?" I also have "What did you do for your fitness (health) today?"

Was this an Audi forum by chance? I used to post on one that had a thread like this.

I stopped visiting though because all of the guys there were complete losers. You'd find guys with really cool cars, very tastefully modified, five figures put into them. And then you would find out they are 28 years old and live with their mom. I'm dead serious. One guy spent $5000+ on his turbo alone, and in later posts complained about his mom's car blocking the driveway.

It really turned me off of those forums. When your priorities are that warped, I want nothing to do with you.

DaisyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Nov 11, 2014
Canada
Have been slagging along, not challenging myself enough but Vigilante's post is a good kick in the behind. Excuses are not acceptable!
Have already been working on milestones for 2015, now just need to put the work in to make them happen.

I'm so very glad to have found this place that makes me feel like I'm amongst friends and those of a similar mindset.

Thanks to MJ, Vigilante, Allen and all the others who spend their time offering encouragement & tips and sharing their progress.

Happy Holidays!

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
Brilliant post. I was just saying how I wish the people I needed to speak with [to close a deal] were "up" so we can negotiate terms and make money together. But not everyone has this mindset. We have to work harder and harder to make these things happen. I will do as much as I could and keep fighting till I have the keys to my financial freedom lifestyle!

The Duc

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
May 18, 2014
AZ
I just saw this post so what did I do? I sat down and wrote and sent a proposal that I had been planning on sending first thing Friday morning.

Thanks Vigilante for the kick in the pants, MJ for giving us this place to gather, and everyone else for making the forum what it is.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Some of you have heard the story of my mentor from a few years back. It was Christmas eve, and everybody else was celebrating the birth of the Savior. My mentor slipped away from his family because he wanted to make a phone call. He never stopped working.

He knew it was unlikely that most customers would ever answer their phones on Christmas Eve. But my mentor lived for the thrill of the deal.

He called the only client he knew would likely pick up… A Jewish merchant that had a storefront in New York City.

My mentor made him the deal of a lifetime simply because his client picked up the phone. They struck a deal, agreed to terms, and agreed to paper the deal the day after Christmas.

Happy having made a huge deal, my mentor slipped back in with his family and continued the family festivities.

Fast Lane. I miss that old guy.

chipmx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 16, 2014
Cancun
I will be at 7AM 25 December... at the airport working in my business of course... then at 10 AM Ill be at the Mall working at my another business, by the way today 24 December was my wife birthday.. I was in the morning at the airport working... then at the noon working in the Mall.... the only change I can see from the last year is that today I have the freedom to buy all my family present in cash and didnt use my credit card... I think I am on the right way.. I didnt buy anything for me I dont need anything, I invest all my profit this month even a few minutes ago I sent some cash to HK supplier for more goods to resell... I am happy right now.

wish you everyone merry christmas

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I received a request for a quote today. I thought it's Christmas Eve afternoon, most companies are probably not going to quote this till Friday. I did my quote, sent it off, went to workout, came back and saw that the guy had ordered and paid via credit card. Easy $1500 profit today. Yay me! :)

Even Steven

tumbling down the learning curve
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
I received a request for a quote today. I thought it's Christmas Eve afternoon, most companies are probably not going to quote this till Friday. I did my quote, sent it off, went to workout, came back and saw that the guy had ordered and paid via credit card. Easy $1500 profit today. Yay me! :)

Merry Christmas! That rules.

highly suggest The Miracle Morning if you haven't read it yet.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0979019710/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Started reading this about a week ago and have been getting up early each day this past week. It's been a stark change for me. Only day I let myself sleep in was yesterday (23rd), and that was the most unproductive day. I was just mentally off the whole day. Couldn't get anything done, and just felt pessimistic about everything.

Got up early this morning and easily had the most productive day of the last couple weeks. On Christmas Eve. Good night, you glorious bastards. See you on Christmas ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.