ARE YOU TOO COMFORTABLE?
This is a bit of a strange question but one I think many of us have asked ourselves. Lets be honest if you made it onto these forums you at least have sense enough to recognise good information when you see it. I don't attest to being a motivational powerhouse and rarely have the motivation to clean my room let alone go out and try to come up with business ideas. But this hasn't always been the case.
I have always had an issue with motivation even with small things, I know now that this is due in part to having a mild form of autism but that's another story.
What I am talking about its being too comfortable in life. The times I've always been the most motivated has been when someone lit a figurative fire under me but its been by someone else or by circumstance. in one of @Vigilante 's threads he gave the example of a dog lying on a hardwood floor but the spot he was laying had a nail and so the dog would lay there and wimper at the nail but not move. This was simply because the nail wasn't enough of a bother for him to move he was too comfortable. The pain of having to go to a job or always wishing you had more in your bank balance wasn't enough of a driving force to get him off the nail.
And this is where I find myself, how how do you lit a figurative fire under you when you have less motivation to change then a hardcore republican.
-SF
This is a bit of a strange question but one I think many of us have asked ourselves. Lets be honest if you made it onto these forums you at least have sense enough to recognise good information when you see it. I don't attest to being a motivational powerhouse and rarely have the motivation to clean my room let alone go out and try to come up with business ideas. But this hasn't always been the case.
I have always had an issue with motivation even with small things, I know now that this is due in part to having a mild form of autism but that's another story.
What I am talking about its being too comfortable in life. The times I've always been the most motivated has been when someone lit a figurative fire under me but its been by someone else or by circumstance. in one of @Vigilante 's threads he gave the example of a dog lying on a hardwood floor but the spot he was laying had a nail and so the dog would lay there and wimper at the nail but not move. This was simply because the nail wasn't enough of a bother for him to move he was too comfortable. The pain of having to go to a job or always wishing you had more in your bank balance wasn't enough of a driving force to get him off the nail.
And this is where I find myself, how how do you lit a figurative fire under you when you have less motivation to change then a hardcore republican.
-SF
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
