The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are UV and Sanitation Products the Next Business Boom

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Hospital’s and other industries have used UV to sanitize surfaces and materials. I just saw on TV a story about a company who produced UV systems for airplanes to sanitize between flights. Alaska airlines is starting a test of this system soon.

given the current situation, I expect there are a ton of big business opportunities right now to build sanitation systems using UV or other methods. Just curious what unique ideas people have.

Also, I have been thinking that in the US the new Norma will be for people to routinely wear masks in th US. When you travel in Asia this is widespread today. There might be business opportunity to bring in fashionable comfortable masks. N95 is a short term thing though. They are not terribly comfortable though. So long term probably just regular cloth masks will be the norm.

what are people’s thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Anything hygiene related is the industry to be in now. I think people finally realized how important hygiene is.

Also, I think most retail businesses will start to implement after hour sanitization. I just can't see them not doing this. After this outbreak is controlled a little, and malls open, do you think the mall that advertises nightly sanitization will get more traffic or the mall that just opens doors again.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Most definitely.

I think the small hurdle is making materials safe for UV treatment. Some plastics for example do not do well with UV light, although I'm sure someone will figure it out.

The 200-300nm wavelength in particular is what research shows to kill viruses and bacteria.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Just saw an ad on the FL forum for UV sanitation heh.

There was a cool product on shark tank where you could put your phone inside this box that had UV rays which cleaned all the germs off your phone.

View: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2v00o1

Free idea for someone struggling to come up with something, you'll need to look into trademarks and the legal stuff before you pull any triggers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I've been looking for a decent UV Sanitiser for a few days now but couldn't find anything suitable in stock in New Zealand. Especially looking for something for keyboards/phones. Must be huge demand for them right now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.