The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are these business ideas fastlane?

Idea threads

dyva7

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry to be a pest but ever since I read the book my mind has had ideas floating in and out. What do you think of the following businesses ? Are they fastlane?

1. Writing and selling lyrics
2. Designing and selling on sites such as Zazzle or CafePress
3. Subject matter based tutoring site for college students
4. A website that provides a personal tour/view of a popular tourist attraction

For some of them, such as the websites, I am not sure the monitization will result in a great enough return. I

I appreciate your thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Fastlane is really about being able to eventually convert your ventures into passive with whatever means you use.

A

Anon3587x

If you have to ask if something is fastlane you have a lot to learn.

Keep reading!

good luck :)

rico

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 14, 2007
Buckinghamshire, UK
Read MJ's book again. It covers a lot of these things. My comments in bold.

Sorry to be a pest but ever since I read the book my mind has had ideas floating in and out. What do you think of the following businesses ? Are they fastlane?

1. Writing and selling lyrics - yes if they sell. Low cost of entry to market so an enormous amount of competition. Thus very hard to make 'any' money, but if successful it can be huge and very passive.
2. Designing and selling on sites such as Zazzle or CafePress - as above
3. Subject matter based tutoring site for college students - lots of similar sites. One-to-one tuition easier to find work for, but not passive and not scalable.
4. A website that provides a personal tour/view of a popular tourist attraction - again, lots of similar sites out there. Many with huge amounts of content. A personalised version would be possible, but not passive and not really that scalable.

For some of them, such as the websites, I am not sure the monitization will result in a great enough return. I

I appreciate your thoughts.

In most of the above situations, the fastlane method would be to establish a site, become popular, and get experts to supply the content. But this method is quite common and thus lots of competition in the market. Be the best though and big money!

You're thinking along the right lines. Just refine your thoughts and you'll find the right idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1. Writing and selling lyrics

Create a site that allows others to do so. Think top of pyramid, not bottom.

2. Designing and selling on sites such as Zazzle or CafePress

Sure you read the book? You want to own Zazzle and CafePress ... selling on them sounds hitchhikerish ... while I'm sure those sites can provide some good research. Again, think top of pyramid, not bottom.

3. Subject matter based tutoring site for college students

Interesting ... depends on how you intent to monetize.

4. A website that provides a personal tour/view of a popular tourist attraction

Might be a need here, challenge (as with many ideas) is monetization?

dyva7

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 13, 2011
Ok, thanks everyone. I am re-reading the book. However,old thinking habits die hard but are slowly melting away.
As MJ stated I need to think more TOP of the pyramid...I think that was the jolt I needed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.