The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are social channels worth it (for professional services)

Marketing, social media, advertising

skipper

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Aug 10, 2012
In case of a B2B targeting high level decision makers, does it make any sense to spend time twitting and stuff like that at all?

I'm thinking NO, since those people are too busy to follow twitter anyway and chances of getting any real conversion from that are next to nil.

Any thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JaySoriano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 10, 2012
What type of professional services are you selling and to whom are you selling them to?

skipper

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Aug 10, 2012
It's business development consulting in IT industry.
The audience I'm targeting are managers / owners.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I'm thinking NO, since those people are too busy to follow twitter anyway and chances of getting any real conversion from that are next to nil.

Any thoughts?

I'm thinking that you are destined for failure with this type of close minded mindset. Sorry to be harsh but that's the truth. You realize that LinkedIn is a "social channel" which is bursting from the seams with professional people, correct? twitter is also full of business professionals. Why would you turn your back on such a huge and free database of people who are open to the idea of connecting to new people? How do you plan on reaching peolple other than phone and through connections? It is harder than ever to capture the attention of your demographic. You are digging yourself into a hole by not focusing on social channels.

Final point - social channel is a vague term. This seems to include everything from social media to tv and radio to press releases to online forums.

If I were you - flip your mindset now and start this thread with the question: how can I use social channels to captivate my target audience.

mtjr825

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 28, 2012
Detroit, MI
You aren't all the way wrong with your thinking. However, there are benefits to each platform. You just need to really think about the sites. Facebook is for friends (unless you use a Fan page and promote), Twitter is about following and sharing info and content, Linkedin is about connecting. Only focusing on Facebook and Twitter could be frustrating. I believe Linkedin will be the best platform for your situation.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Yes worth it. I was just talking to a woman who closed a 10K/month sale (SEO+Reputation Management) from someone who signed up to her auto-responder list. Another guy I know closed a deal via a conversation he started on twitter.

Your audience may not use twitter, but their influencers do. The family, friends, employees, and team members of managers/owners use twitter, facebook, etc.

By building a relationship with THEM, you'll get top-of-mind awareness and referrals when the decision-maker needs your services.

ebooklover

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 6, 2013
Texas
I agree. Many professionals do use Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Although Linked In may be the best social networking site for your company but that doesnt mean the other top social media sites are no good...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.